1) Telus is installing cell transmitters in front of homes on BC Hydro poles, thus getting around the restrictions, consultations and notifications required for putting up a cell tower. This followed the installation of the fiber optic cable which is needed for the microcells. A true bait and switch. These things are mere feet from bedroom windows and not very high off the ground. In Langford, someone was told by Telus that she would be in the danger zone “only” when she was in her front yard. As with smeters, we are being exposed to RF in our home from a corporation without asking us, without giving us a choice. This is wrong.
A group of people is organizing, trying to get information about these things from Telus, and organizing in their neighbourhoods to keep or to get them out. Here is a very informative letter from someone in Chemainus and a petition that was just started today. Please sign. These cell transmitters are not benign and even if you are not a Telus cell phone user, you will be irradiated by them.
You can see more photos at: http://emrabc.ca/?page_id=7536
2) In Kansas, a smeter bill for a single elderly woman increased to more than $400 for a single month, with a huge increase in consumption after the smeter was installed. Like here in BC, there is no independent company testing the meters when people suspect that the meters are running fast.
3) There are still many 1,000s (perhaps as many as 50,000) smeters that are being read manually. These are not those with the transmitter turned off. These are the full blown smeter. BC Hydro said they were all in rural areas where the grid isn’t complete, or in electrical rooms of large buildings. They didn’t realize that wireless transmitters can’t send the signal through multiple concrete walls. But they lied. Some of these are in residential neighbourhoods with full cellular service.
If you know of any, please send them to: email@example.com with “smeter being read” on the subject line.
4) So many times I’ve shared info showing that smeters are being installed around the world all at the same time. This is just an amazing coincidence…. Here are just a few more, some of which are having problems..
ScottishPower in £340m smart meter contracts by Patrick James – Scottish Financial Review – October 26, 2016:
[Smart Cities – South Africa] All-flash data centres will power smart cities – IT News Africa – October 27, 2016:
[South Australia, Australia] AGL offers smart meters as an option (in small print!) to South Australians – Stop Smart Meters Australia – October 26, 2016:
5) A Pennsylvania utility is asking for permission to implement a pre-paid program (Penn. has smeters but the photo is of an analog. Only smeters with remote disconnect switches would work.)
“In its 2015 report, the law center said that prepaid programs might encourage customers to be more budget-conscious, but that they also lead to a high rate of service disconnections, can create inconveniences for customers who pay frequently, and reduce utilities’ incentives to negotiate payment agreements with customers.”
6) Power cut on home in Mission where the smeter is in the home itself. A major concern from the RF if the transmitter is activated and a fire hazard. Too bad the article doesn’t address the fact that strangers came to her home and refused to identify themselves. Neither does it speak of the fear of a fire.
I see no place for comments but comments should be made about this. Here is one email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
and here is an online form for comments: http://www.ctvnews.ca/ctv-national-news/newsbreaker
Subject: Disregard for real science
Dear Minister Philpott,
I have written before about the dangers of EMR that Safety Code 6 ignores, jeopardizing the health of all Canadians and our environment. I have had the usual, ‘pat on the head – we know what we are doing’ replies, indicating to me that neither you nor the employees of Health Canada take science seriously. In grade school I learned that scientists look at ALL the evidence before they make their ‘educated’ conclusions, not just the part of science that supports what they have been told must be the ultimate conclusion.
I know that you have received many citizen letter submissions which itemize all the science ‘out there’ that tells conclusively of the dangers of EMR. Even the 2016 National Institutes of Health, National Toxicology Program from the United States, no less, has shown conclusively that there is a harmful effect from cell phone microwave radiation. The same radiation which comes from cell towers and other wireless devices. Yet you presume that Safety Code 6, as now in force, will protect us from harm. At least I know that I will not be cooked. My DNA messed with? Maybe not so much.
I implore you to look at the science from around the world, at the legislation other countries have which protects their citizens from undue harm as much as they can in the infancy of this new science. Our civilization is playing with a technology which has no proven track record of safety. Indeed, the evidence points to an increasing accumulation of human health related tragedies related to this technology. What we may be doing to the already beleaguered environment is largely unknown as yet. The Precautionary Principle must inform and guide us on this and other ‘cutting edge’ technology.
Thank you for listening to my real concerns for us all.
Sent: October 27, 2016
Cc: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; Patrick.email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; Adrian.email@example.com; Bill.firstname.lastname@example.org; Sharon Noble; ‘Peter Bottomley’ <email@example.com>
Dear Mr. Reimer:
Under your stewardship BC Hydro continues to insist upon forcing customers of your monopoly utility to accept smart meters, regardless of the threat these customers understand the meters represent to their physical health and/or privacy. Reports suggest your latest tactic is to hire mercenaries to threaten your legacy-fee-paying customers with summary disconnection and grossly inflated reconnection fees if they do not submit to the unannounced installation of your smart meters.
Mr. Reimer, I believe you will have the opportunity to reflect deeply upon your actions and the hardships they are gratuitously inflicting upon your fellow citizens when, one day in this or a future lifetime, you find yourself on the other end of the boot. This is in no way a threat. I am simply bringing to your attention the inevitable way of the universe.
It is not too late for you to plot a more judicious course on this issue, for the betterment of all concerned. I encourage you to do so.
From: The Office of Senator Colbeck [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org]
Sent: Wednesday, October 26, 2016
To: David Lonier
Subject: RE: Thank you Senator Colbeck
Dear Mr. Lonier
Thank you for the kind words, we will make sure to pass them on to Sen. Colbeck. He fully recognizes that when consumers are forced to use a monopoly utility, without the option to switch, that the monopoly utility must provide options to customers who would otherwise seek service elsewhere. Sen. Colbeck is in favor of making utility “choice” an option for all Michigan residents as one way to address this issue.
= = =
Subject: Thank you Senator Colbeck
Dear Senator Colbeck,
We are facing a rapid decline from a system where the buyer once had some control over the products and services they bought, to a totalitarian oligarchy where the service provider has total monopoly control, thanks to their government co-conspirators.
This is not a good sign and if government does not step in to break up the monopolies, there’s no telling where the road will lead, other than that it will surely get worse.
I testified and sent my comments to the MPSC along with over 100 other very aware and concerned utility customers.
DTE cut our power over a year ago for our refusal to allow them to install their unsafe, unhealthy surveillance device on our home. They told us locking our analog meter to the house was unsafe. I told them that their meter was unsafe and provided irrefutable evidence of same … See attachments … their documents show their meter exploding and causing house fires. The fire chief of Cheboygan’s home caught fire from a smart meter! Their meter is not UL approved for many reasons, not the least of which is 240 volts of electrical current coursing through combustible materials in switch mode fashion. (The attachments are at the following links: http://www.stopsmartmetersbc.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/DTE-Itron-OpenWay-Centron-Meter-Exploding.pdf and
We are on our third generator and working on putting a large enough solar array to charge batteries to provide free energy…after the components are paid for. I am 77, and my wife is 86. We do not appreciate what DTE has done to us one bit!
Thank you for taking a stand for the people of Michigan over the tyrannical monopoly special interests.
Many law suits have been filed in defiance of DTE and Consumers extortion, but only one judge has had the guts to go against the behemoths and he was only one judge on a 3-judge appeals panel. The other two ruled in favor of the criminal cabal.
Thanks once again for helping to give us choice,