1) In Massachusetts, smeter opposition is strong with a fraud complaint being lodged against a “tobacco scientist” who testified.
https://smartmeternewsupdates.wordpress.com/2015/05/14/ma-residents-file-dpu-fraud-complaint-with-attorney-general/ the complaint can be read here.
2) “Electoral Area “D” Director Tom Siddon wants the regional district board to speak to provincial cabinet ministers about escalating Fortis rates and the accountability of the C Utilities Commission at the upcoming Union of B.C. Municipalities convention in September.”
3) A member found another good site with very interesting information about smeters as well as RF in general. Includes a document from 1972 re. research in the US military showing how harmful wireless radiation is. This is one of about 2000 documents that Dr. Glaser gave to Dr. Magda Havas when it was declassified. You can find more of these on her website www.magdahavas.com.
4) ITRON provides talking points to utility companies, many of which are given in a manner to confuse and hide the real issue. Scientists are saying “pulsed modulated” RF transmissions do the most damage to cells because of the stress. These signals are like short electric shocks. In an article, ITRON is trying to say their signals are too long to be considered pulsed. In this article, they tell how “long” their signals are (which is something we’ve tried to confirm) – 0.012-0.12 seconds. These are data signals. The total length of data signals during a day has been given as varying from a few seconds to a few minutes. This length is determined by the utility company, depending on when they want the data and how often. But for each minute there will be between 500-5,000 signals. And this is just for the data signals and doesn’t include the signals between $$meters to keep the grid stable, or the signals from BC Hydro/FortisBC back to the $meters.
From: Jerry Flynn
Sent: June 17, 2015
To: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: The Evidence is Clear and Undeniable: Health Canada, our Provincial Government and Dr. Perry Kendall, our PHO, are NOT protecting us from today’s microwave radiation!
June 17, 2015
Dear Municipal/Regional District Governments and UBCM,
Contrary to what Health Canada, the BC Government and BC’s Provincial Health Officer, Dr. Perry Kendall tell us all, the unvarnished truth about today’s wireless radio products e.g., baby monitors, Smart Meters, Wi-Fi routers, cell phones, cell towers, cordless phones, tablet and laptop computers, GPS, AM and FM transmitting towers etc. can be seen below. The attachment is self-explanatory:
- On May 11, 2015, the International EMF Scientists Appeal, signed by more than 200 world-class scientists from 39 countries and sent to the Secretary General of the United Nations, to all UN member countries, and to the WHO appealed to all of them to protect humans and wild life from the dangers of EMF and wireless technology! http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/05/11/ny-emfscientistorg-idUSnBw115200a+100+BSW20150511
- Insurance companies WILL NOT INSURE against any health-related claim attributed to the radio / microwave frequency radiation emitted by today’s wireless radio devices!
- No President and Chief Executive Officer of any wireless or telecom company or any electric utility – anywhere – will state unequivocally that their wireless products are SAFE, i.e., they can be safely used by, on or around people of all ages and sizes, regardless of any illnesses and/or diseases they might already be suffering from, on a continuous basis all day, every day, in perpetuity — as Smart Meters, cell phone towers, Wi-Fi routers, AM and FM towers, cordless phones etc. do. These devices all emit pulsed, NON-thermal radiation 24/7/365 in perpetuity, and only Wi-Fi routers are capable of being shut off.
- But the above CEOs all do say that their products COMPLY with Health Canada’s Safety Code 6! It is critical that you fully understand the importance of this difference! Health Canada, the BC Government and BC’s PHO all allow the wireless and telecom industry and both electric utilities to sell and install their purportedly ‘safe’ wireless products simply because they COMPLY with Safety Code 6!
- Today’s Safety Code 6 dates back to 1979 and, sadly, has changed very little since then (which was almost 10 years before cell phones appeared en mass in Canada, and today there are in excess of 7-Billion cell phones world-wide!). Safety Code 6 is and always has been the root cause of what non-industry scientists consider is a crime against humanity! Because of Safety Code 6, innocent, unsuspecting and utterly defenseless people (including government members themselves and their families) are being literally forced – by law – to endure what has become, over these past 25 or so years, a dense, ever-thickening, yet invisible cloud of electro-magnetic radiation (EMR), which the World Health Organization has coined: “Electro-Smog.” Non-industry scientists the world-over consider this EMR to be the biggest single threat to human health in our planet’s entire history! Originally, Safety Code 6 was established to provide up to six (6) minutes’ protection to federal workers weighing, on average, 200 pounds, who needed to maintain or service high voltage transmission lines, power sub-stations etc. Yet, somehow, over these past 35-or so years, Health Canada has managed things such that the general population are now told that Safety Code 6 protects them from ALL sources of radiation – simultaneously, regardless of how many microwave-emitting devices may impact on a person, a family or an entire community! This is not right! This is knowingly dishonest! This is criminal! Imagine for a moment a Motor Vehicle Highways Department that sets the highway speed limit at, say, 300 MPH, knowing full well that automobiles cannot go that fast! Consequently, no vehicle can ever exceed the ‘legal’ speed limit! The same applies to wireless radio devices: because Safety Code 6 radiation Exposure Limits are so egregiously high, Health Canada and Industry artfully tell us all that their products are in compliance, and therefore they must be safe! Now perhaps the reader can understand why Safety Code 6 is, and always has been, vilified around the world by non-industry scientists and informed people everywhere!
- None of today’s wireless products has had to undergo independent, pre-market Safety tests to ensure they are safe to be used by, on and around people on a continuous 24/7/365 day basis in perpetuity! Eminent non-industry scientists say that no level of radiation is safe for people! Examples include: Anthony Miller, Professor Emeritus of the Dalla Lana School of Public Health, University of Toronto, Dr. Neil Cherry of New Zealand (now deceased), two-time Nobel nominee Dr. Robert O. Becker (now deceased), Dr. Olle Johansson of the Karolinskaa Institute in Sweden. Others say: “If there is a SAFE level, we haven’t discovered it yet.”
- Even the cell phone industry’s own studies, in both the U.S. and Germany, showed their products are harmful to people – – and might lead to cancer!
- Most if not all major cell phone manufacturers have taken out global patents in which they themselves acknowledge their products are harmful and can cause or may lead to cancer!
- Every cell phone manufacturer includes in their Owner’s Manual specific instructions not to hold the device within a specific distance from any part of the body – not just the head!
- It is no accident that the so-called ‘safe radiation Exposure Limits reflected in Safety Code 6 are virtually identical to those of the USA. The specific group of scientists who determine the ‘Exposure Limits’ for the U.S. includes members of the U.S. Air Force, U.S. Army, Motorola, Nokia, Siemens, Alcatel-Lucent and Bell. All Canadians – governments and public alike – should note that the Co-Chairman of that very committee is Health Canada’s own Dr. Art Thansandote! A position he has held since at least 2008! Dr. James McNamee is also on it (and it was he who was the principle scientist responsible for the latest iteration of Safety Code 6-2015!) Other members include representatives from Health Canada, Industry Canada – – and Exponent Inc., the product-defense scientists who so effectively defended both BC Hydro and Fortis BC with respect to the ‘safety’ of their proposed wireless Smart Meters!
Readers needing more evidence should note the Federal Government of Canada’s own recent Parliamentary Health Committee (HESA) report on Safety Code 6, in April 2015. (See below).
- Health Canada admits studies show harm at levels below Safety Code 6;
- Health Canada ignores the scientific research: its review is subject to bias and incorrect conclusions;
- Health Canada and Industry Canada ignore recommendations from the 2010 Health Committee “offer to provide information, including awareness sessions on exposure to radiofrequency electromagnetic radiation.”
- In its “fact sheet”, comparing Canada vs other countries, Health Canada omits countries representing 1.2 billion people with safety levels below Safety Code 6;
- Health Canada’s statements to the committee conflict with statements made under oath in Quebec Superior Court on Feb. 13th, 2013 (Dr. James McNamee had admitted to the judge in 2013 that Safety Code 6 applied only to THERMAL radiation!).
- Health Canada admits there are no studies regarding the cumulative effects of several devices from wireless radiation.
- Health Canada ignores the 2010 Health Committee recommendation to “ensure that it has a process in place to receive and respond to reports of adverse reactions to electromagnetic radiation emitting devices.”
- Health Canada resists the request to have a database that physicians may be asked to look at any kind of possible cause and effect on new cancers among people?
- Scientific expert calls for a special category for pregnant women.
- Health Canada advises that 36 of the 140 Studies submitted by C4ST WERE included in the 2015 Safety Code 6 – BUT WHERE?
Read HESA’s report concerning:
- Evidence of links to brain cancer;
- Evidence of links to breast cancers;
- Evidence that children are more at risk;
- Canadians feel deceived by product manufacturers and the government;
- Evidence of damage to sperm;
- Experts call for public education;
- Evidence for recognition of, and treatment for, electro-hypersensitivity (EHS).
Readers should recall that in 2010, British Columbia’s Bill 17 (the “Clean Energy Act”) was passed by Gordon Campbell’s government, which mandated that Smart Meters be installed on all dwellings and occupied buildings in B.C. Tragically, the Government of BC permitted B.C. Hydro to utilize wireless radio Smart Meters, which emit pulsed, NON-thermal microwave frequency radiation (called electro-magnetic radiation or “EMR”).
One year later, in 2011, the World Health Organization (WHO) classified EMR – ALL EMR – a Class 2B or “Possible” carcinogen.
Any reasonable person would have expected, given the WHO’s re-classification of EMR to that of a Possible Carcinogen, that BC’s Government would have repealed wireless radio Smart Meters and immediately ordered that wireless Smart Meters already installed be replaced with harmless, non-irradiating analogue meters. But that never happened! This is the government British Columbians have today. Consequently it falls to Municipal and Regional governments and to UBCM to wake up and stand up – – for every person, flora and fauna living in British Columbia! If you won’t protect us, who can?
Those requiring or wanting more information, please feel free to contact me.
James G. (“Jerry) Flynn, Captain (retired)
Newsletter by Sharon Noble
Director, Coalition to Stop Smart Meters
“We will never have a perfect world, but it’s not romantic or naïve to work toward a better one.”
Steven Pinker (b. 1954), Award-winning, Canadian-born U.S. Intellectual and Scientist (Cognitive Psychology);