- Reminder that rates increase 6% on April 1. Read your meter and call your reading in on April 1 so that Hydro can’t inflate the cost for March’s usage.
- A sad letter from a senior in Ontario where rates keep going up – and it is happening here, too:
[Bills – Roseneath, Ontario] Hydro costs cut into seniors’ income by Dianne Thomas – The Star – March 28, 2015:
Non-smeter. Re. bill C-51. Elizabeth May and Bruce Hyer (MLA Thunder Bay) present 60 amendments to this horrible bill:
- An Israeli lawyer explains what it feels like to be “allergic to wifi”. More and more people are and more will be sensitive to this electrosmog unless we get it reduced, especially in our homes where we can escape and our bodies can recover.
- Many are getting letters advising of an upcoming meter exchange due to the current analog having expired. Remember to say you need an appointment to be able to turn your power off. Turn the power off for devices like TVs and computers, at any powerbar, etc. and then the main circuit breaker. When the exchange is complete, do it in reverse to protect them from a power surge. The installer will try to give you a digital, but insist on an analog which is by far safer. Just about everywhere people have asked for one and have been home when the installer comes, analogs have been provided. Take a reading from your old meter and the new one to ensure accuracy in billing. There have been many mistakes. A member has written an excellent letter and it is below. He included a really excellent idea, which I’ve highlighted. It is true that Hydro says it is not liable for anything that goes wrong, whether deliberate or through negligence. We must protect ourselves. Remember that I have a report with many failures that have occurred when the power was not turned off and/or an incompetent installer (Corix) did the work. I’ve been told that most of the installers are qualified linesmen, but ask the installer when he calls what his qualifications are.
From a member:
Sent: March 30, 2015 8:58 PM
Cc: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: Meter replacement notification
Mr. Brad Bishop
Manager, Meter Deployment
BC Hydro-Meter Choices
Dear Mr. Bishop,
I am writing in response to your letter of March 25, 2015 informing me that my analog meter seal has expired and that in the coming weeks someone will be coming on my property to exchange the meter.
As I have previously notified the BC Hydro -Meter Choices in writing, I continue to refuse a smart meter, with or without the transmitter. As I have accepted your opt out choice of an analog meter, I will ONLY accept the exchange of analog for analog.
(1) Provide me with a photocopy of the most current Measurement Canada seal expiry date for my exact analog at (address redacted)
.(2) Provide me with the identification number of the meter for which you state the seal is expiring so that I can cross reference this with the identification number on the face of my actual meter and the meter number listed on my billing statement;
(3) Provide me with the model name and number of the analog meter you wish to install, and its Measurement Canada Seal certification (expiry) date and confirmation ( in Writing) that it does not have a TROJAN HORSE -no chips, no transmitters, no antenna of any sort;
(4) Provide time and date the installer will be arriving. No FAILED INSTALLATION FEE will be payable unless an appointment is made in advance for a mutually agreeable date and time.
(5) I will only allow a licensed electrician who can provide me with valid confirmation of liability insurance to tamper with my current analog meter for any reason. I am requiring this on the grounds that under BC Hydro Tariff Section 97, “Liability”,
BC Hydro has no responsibility for any harm or injury done by its employees or agents, whether done through negligence or willful misconduct. Being aware of this risk to my home and family, I cannot allow the risk of an unqualified, uninsured person tampering with my property and potentially risking my home and my family’s safety.
(6) Lastly, provide me with written assurance that no attempt to install a smart meter, with or without transmitters of any sort, will occur because:
(a) I have chosen to opt out of the smart meter program and have notified you of this, and pay a “LEGACY FEE” EVERY month
(b) I am a member of the Class Action Suit against BC Hydro in the Supreme Court of British Columbia and it is unconscionable that I be harassed or interfered with while this legal action is ongoing.
Please note that if you charge me a failed installation fee after receipt of this e-mail , without complying with the conditions set forth herein, I reserve the right to seek legal action against you.
(Editor’s Note: RDN = Regional District of Nanaimo BC Canada and includes the municipalities of Nanaimo, Lantzville, Parksville, and Qualicum Beach, as well as seven unincorporated Electoral Areas. see http://www.rdn.bc.ca/cms.asp?wpID=513)
From: Jerry Flynn
email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com,
“maureen young” <firstname.lastname@example.org>, bobrogers4areaE@telus.net,
“fjfell at rdn” <email@example.com>,
“bill veenhof” <firstname.lastname@example.org>,
“bill mckay” <email@example.com>,
“bill bestwick” <firstname.lastname@example.org>,
“jerry hong” <email@example.com>,
“jim kipp” <firstname.lastname@example.org>,
“wendy pratt” <email@example.com>,
“ian thorpe” <firstname.lastname@example.org>,
“bill yoachim” <email@example.com>,
Cc: “scott fraser mla” <firstname.lastname@example.org>, email@example.com,
Sent: Friday, March 27, 2015 12:29:51 PM
Subject: RDN Directors – Are you protected against health-related lawsuits allegedly caused by Wireless Technology you have imposed on the public?
Dear RDN Directors,
Given Lloyd’s of London’s recent announcement (see link below) with respect to Wi-Fi and similar microwave-emitting devices, I encourage each of you to contact your personal as well as RDN’s institutional insurance companies to determine if, in your capacity of an RDN Director, you would also be personally liable were one or more of RDN’s constituents to sue RDN Directors because of some decision you had made that resulted in the plaintiff(s) or members of their family(ies) being forced to endure toxic microwave radiation, which the World Health Organization (WHO) classified a “Possible” carcinogen (cause of cancer) in 2011.
RDN Directors need to note that:
- in February 2015, the government of France banned Wi-Fi in nurseries, schools, kindergartens and childcare centres across France that cater for children under the age of six. In primary schools Wi-Fi routers must be shut off when not actually in use? France also created its own national radiation Exposure Protection agency, meaning that it no longer accepts the dangerously high radiation Exposure Limits set by the corrupt ICNIRP (International Commission on Non-Ionizing Radiation Protection) – which were established by the same corrupt scientist, Dr. Michael Repacholi, who co-established (with Dr. Maria Stuchly) Health Canada’s globally discredited Safety Code 6, even its newly-released 2015 version.
- Cell phone companies are obliged to insure themselves against health-related claims attributed to radio frequency radiation; the same applies to electric utilities.
- Not one single study – anywhere in the world – has been done by credible scientists that shows cell phones are safe for people to use! In the Owner’s Manual of all cell phones is a warning at the very back, in the smallest of print, warning the user not to hold the phone (in Blackberry’s case) within 0.98” of any part of the body – not just the head; (in Apple’s case) 5/8” (in Motorola’s case) within 1” of any part of the body!
- The cell phone industry’s own six-year (1993-1999) USD $28.5 study, conducted by Dr. George Carlo, proved they were harmful. The report was buried, the report buried, and Dr. Carlo’s house mysteriously burned down a short time later.
I am available to answer any questions or to defend that which is said above. Thank you for your time.