- THIS IS OUTRAGEOUS!! An admission by Bill Bennett’s office that the legacy fees are punishment and not due to additional services being given those with legacy meters and no one else. Please see letter below. This is so very significant and I think we must push the NDP to take this issue up. Write, call, visit your NDP MLAs, and your liberal ones, too. Numbers do count when it comes to emails, letters and visits from constituents. Please, get writing. Your MLA info can be found at https://www.leg.bc.ca/mla/3-1-1.htm
Tell them we’ve had enough of this deceit, this extortion. The farce is over – we now have the government admitting that the fees were implemented under false pretenses. And copy the media. I have asked for a list of media contacts to be put on our website www.stopsmartmetersbc.com It isn’t there right now but keep checking, it will be.
- A major new study just released which confirms that radiation from cell and cordless phones can greatly increase chance of brain cancer especially for those who begin using them while young. This radiation is the same as that from $$meters and other wireless devices. The scientists are calling for this radiation to be classified as a Class 1 (definite) carcinogen.
more details about the study at: http://www.i-sis.org.uk/Wireless_Phone_Use_Increases_Malignant_Brain_Tumour.php
and the complete study as submitted can be read at: http://www.pathophysiologyjournal.com/article/S0928-4680(14)00064-9/pdf
- Important acknowledgement of the dangers of microwave radiation from wireless devices from the 200,000 members of the United Federation of Teachers, New York City. Members also include registered nurses and child care providers.
- A retired cancer researcher presented his concerns about $$meters to the Okanagan Regional District.
- Hydro is hiring a “PR” person to, no doubt, disseminate more of the “BS” that has been spread widely over the last 4 years. Note that one duty is writing letters to the editors. I bet this includes writing comments in blogs, etc. using false names.
- Saskatchewan NDP calling for $$meters to be removed more quickly given last week’s fire.
- Scientists warn about the health effects of the electro-smog in which we are living:
Johansson went on: “The allowed radiation limits throughout the world are insane, to say the least.
“We are talking about values up to 1,000,000,000,000,000,000 (10 to the 18th) times higher than nature’s background radiation, to which the human body has adapted through many 100,000 of years, and within a couple of decades, we have all been surrounded by biblical levels of artificial radio-waves, well knowing that they have major impacts on both human and animal health.”
- New volunteer to be a contact. Grand Forks, Don Pharand, email email@example.com The contact list on www.stopsmartmetersbc.com has been updated. Please let me know if you see that there is no contact for your area and you’d be willing to help out.