- Without credible statistics, the industry and industry supporters are able to mislead the public about the dangers of RFR. Anecdotally we’re hearing more about people, especially young people, having brain tumours, but unless a central agency is keeping track, we will never know for sure. The Cancer Societies (American and Canadian, perhaps others) continue to say things such as “wifi is safe”, “no problem having a cell transmitter on a school”, so can we trust them to keep count? So far there doesn’t seem to be any agency in Canada keeping count of new cancer cases, let alone cases of brain tumours. The concern is the same in Sweden.
Some leading epidemiologists have been saying that cell phones don’t pose a brain tumor risk because cancer rates are not going up. Now comes word that Swedish cancer registry data are in disarray and official statistics may be masking a disquieting trend.
Read our latest item based on a new analysis by Mona Nilsson, a Swedish journalist and the chairman of the Swedish Radiation Protection Foundation.
- Some may be offended by this “risqué” youtube, but it has an important message especially for the young men out there who feel so invulnerable. Also, this is an exception to the Coalition rule of not promoting products. There is a lot of good info here in a format that is humorous. So with the “PG” and “advertising content” warnings…
https://www.indiegogo.com/project/preview/4bebb907 and the idea seems to gaining momentum :
- CTV continues to give Hydro free advertising time. It has ignored the fire issue, the fact that Bennett and Hydro continue to lie about these dangers, and no mention at all about the discriminatory fees we are paying. Please comment on this:
- A reminder to add your comments about your experience with your MLA about fires, fees, etc. Lots of interesting comments to read. http://sios.ca/emr/MLAReport.html
- Hello Comox Valley Smart Meter Resisters,This is a reminder of the film showing of “Take Back your Power” this Wednesday, October 22, starting at 7 p.m. sharp at the Florence Filberg Centre in downtown Courtenay. The film will be shown in the downstairs Rotary Hall.
Admission is by donation….please don’t let a shortage of funds discourage you!
There will be a chance for any of you who accepted a smart meter against your will to sign up in the class action lawsuit.
The film is a powerful, up-to-the- minute analysis of all the risks that the so-called “smart grid” exposes us to. It is a “must see” for any of us who are concerned for the future of our children and grandchildren.
From Jerry Flynn re. proposal naval RF warfare. The attachment to which he refers is the letter included in my 2014-10-16 update.
October 19, 2014
Corrupt people will not want to read the attached, in which I have compiled ample evidence showing beyond anyone’s reasonable doubt that all radio / microwave frequency radiation is harmful to all life forms, including humans, no matter how weak is the radiation.
Honest scientists from around the world know that there is no such thing as a safe level of radiation.
One must understand that the human brain operates in the frequency range 0.5 to 30 Hz and it is exquisitely sensitive to any man-made radiation.
For example, honest scientists know that the human brain can detect man-made radiation measuring 0.000000000000001 W/cm2 (that’s 10 to the minus 15)!
How can anybody in Electronic Warfare suggest – even for a nanosecond – that the radiation emitted by their jamming pods would not harm a human brain?
C’mon. Those who say or suggest such nonsense are either grossly ignorant or corrupt without a conscience!
James G. Flynn, Captain (Retired)
Bowser, B.C., Canada
P.S. I spent 22 of my 26+ years in the Canadian Forces in Electronic Warfare and SIGINT, including two years in National Defense Headquarters, Ottawa, in the Directorate of Electronic Warfare (DEW) – Canada’s highest echelon, similar to the US Pentagon! Throughout my career I worked closely with US and NATA army EW units and, within the SIGINT community, I worked extensively with NSA and GCHQ. Earlier in my career I conducted actual EW operations at sea aboard two Canadian warships.
Sent: Monday, October 20, 2014 5:30 PM
Subject: For the bullies of B.C…
An open letter to BC Hydro:
The technology market offers a choice between two kinds of smart meters. There is the relatively benign variety, which transmits its data over land lines. And then there is the other kind -the type of smart meter that BC Hydro is imposing on British Columbians- which includes an embedded microwave-emitting, wireless communication transmitter (“the Microwave Device”).
On May 31, 2011, the World Health Organization recognized that radiofrequency electromagnetic fields are a Class 2B possible human cancer risk. The emissions generated by the Microwave Device fall under this classification of emissions and risk.
Why are we being exposed to this risk and who is behind it? BC Hydro is, for all its purposes, an agent of the government and its powers may be exercised only as an agent of the government.1
The imposition of a microwave transmitter in our homes by a government agent strikes an Orwellian tone; it violates the sanctity of the home and is inconsistent with the very nature of a free society. In a world full of toxic chemicals and radiation, the home is the last place of refuge, a zone of autonomous control and free choice. It is a private place where the state should not be imposing itself or its devices.
This is about freedom of choice. Given the existing concerns regarding the risk to health and safety by these Microwave Devices, we decline to have them at our homes and we prohibit you from entering our properties for the purpose of installing such devices.
You assert your contractual right to “access” to your equipment. We concede that you may continue to access our properties for the purpose of reading our present analogue meters. If an analogue meter needs replacement, you may replace it with another analogue meter. Our problem is not with what you are “accessing” – it is what you are seeking to leave behind. Your right of access does not go so far so as to entitle you to install a device that continuously generates toxic radiation.
Neither does the Clean Energy Act give you that entitlement. In fact, that legislation does not require, authorize, or even mention the Microwave Devices or their functional capabilities. You admit2 that the benign land-line variety of smart meter would fulfill the communication and transmission functionality requirements as prescribed by the CEA, but you continue to impose the toxic Microwave Device on BC residents against our explicit objection. You abuse your power by continuing with installations despite the fact that the interpretation of the Clean Energy Act is a matter currently before the British Columbia Court of Appeal.
We say NO to your entry onto our lands for the purpose of installing Microwave Devices. You have responded by threatening to cut off our power, but British Columbians will not accede to the strong arm of the state as exercised through the unilateral and coercive actions of BC Hydro. In our view, neither will the Courts.
Proud member of: The Coalition to Stop Smart Meters in B.C.
Citizens for Safe Technology
To whom It may concern;
I have received my hydro bill with a $65.00 failed meter charge plus tax’s. In previous correspondence it was indicated to me, I would have my analog meter replaced with another certified analog meter. ( correspondence from and to Todd Cannon at smart meters Program, inclosed )
I also refer you to an e mail sent June 2, 2014 and again on June 17, 2014 in which I indicated, I would like an analog meter and Not a digital meter. I have suggested, It should not be that hard to match meter to customer, especially when Hydro has all the information at its disposal and weeks or months to prepare.
Find enclosed my Hydro bill with payment of $153.00, minus the $65.00 plus tax’s $3.25. The Total failed installation charge $68.25 Your installer failed to come prepared and I should not have to pay for someone’s mistakes or poor judgment.