[5G Millimeter Waves – AARP American Association of Retired Persons – AT&T – BC Hydro – Canadian Interphone Studies – CBC’s Marketplace with Wendy Mesley – Devra Davis – Digital Phones – Dirty Electricity – Doctor Anthony Miller – EHS – EHT Environmental Health Trust – Elisabeth Cardis – Glioma Brain Tumour Cancer Risk from Cell Phones – IARC – Jane Philpott – Joseph Mercola – Landline Telephone Service Discontinued / Loss of Communication – Military Weapons – Opt Out – RF 2A Classification – Sam Milham – Shaw – Solar – WHO | BC – Canada – Israel – Barcelona, Spain – UK – Illinois, USA] & (videos)
1) A new Canadian study reports that 558 lifetime hours of cell phone use doubles the chance of getting gliomas, a deadly brain cancer. That is 23 days’ worth of 24/7 use, which is the way many people use these things. Please see reactions in “Letters”. We must get this to Wendy Mesley, Minister Philpott, and politicians demanding that people be informed of this risk. The logical question seems to be, does this risk increase exponentially with each 558 hours of use?
(click on photos to enlarge)
2) Dr. Mercola interviews Dr. Sam Milham about dirty electricity. At about the 40 minute point, he speaks about how the electric grid could be made safe without dirty electricity very cheaply. Good info about solar systems.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utalU9uIlTQ (60 minutes)
3) I received the following from someone in the USA where many telephone carriers are ending their landline service – leaving their customers without choice, they must use cell phones. The beginning step seems to be to eliminate analog and force everyone to go to digital, as has been done in BC without even telling us. If electricity goes out, so does your phone. The battery that some have provides service for a very short time.. It is just a matter of time before we face the same pressure to do away with digital phones and go completely wireless. We must be prepared to fight this.
I can speak from personal experience. Our carrier (Shaw) changed our service with no notice. One day, our electricity went out and a short time after, (not having a smart meter) I wondered if BC Hydro knew. I tried to call and our line was dead. This was the first I knew something had changed. As soon as the power returned, I called to discover that when we had a recent TV cable upgrade, they also “upgraded” our phone. The battery is supposed to recharge all the time so that it will have 8 hours on it, but our battery supposedly was defective. If we had needed a fire truck or ambulance, we would have had to hope our neighbours’ phone was working. Shaw said they assume that everyone has a cell phone backup. Was this ever approved by the Utilities Commission? Were people ever advised about this and I just missed it?
“In Illinois the Senate passed a bill allowing AT&T to discontinue landlines. It has been sent to the House. The Citizen’s Utility Board and AARP are actively speaking out against discontinuing landlines.
I received a notice only giving me until July 1st to allow them to change my landline to a “network” or phone service would be discontinued. I have EHS and don’t own a cellphone so if my power was out, I would have no way to reach anyone.”
Comments on AT&T service – 19,000+ comments.
And, coincidentally, a recent report saying that for the first time, during the second half of 2016, more that 50% of homes did NOT have landlines. This is very concerning given the increased risk of brain cancer from using a cell phone (cordless phone, too, I suspect).
4) A member found that CBC has the Marketplace program re. cell phones on its front webpage today. Maybe all of our emails, letters and phone calls are having an impact. Please, keep the pressure on CBC.
Still no comment from Health Canada Minister Philpott about the totally erroneous and dangerously misleading “comment” about it being fine for kids to be with cell phones 24/7. Has anyone had a response? – I haven’t.
5) In the UK, smeters seem to have become a political issue with the Conservatives saying if elected, they will allow an opt out. Too bad none of our politicians take our concerns seriously enough to support our civil right to protect our family and our homes. Given that it is highly likely that there will be another provincial election fairly soon, we need to increase the pressure on those wanting our votes.
A new report published this week in American Journal of Epidemiology confirms that Canadians who have used cellphones for 558 hours or more have more than a doubled risk of brain cancer. These important findings strengthen the association between cell phone use and glioma, which is an aggressive brain cancer.
The original 13-nation Interphone study for the International Agency for Research on Cancer of the World Health Organization reported a 40% increase in brain cancer for those using phones for 1640 lifetime hours. This new study found that Canadians had more than a doubled glioma risk when they were analyzed apart from the 12 other countries.
“This study adds more evidence linking cell phone use with brain cancer. We believe the criteria has been met for radio frequency radiation to be classified as a probable human carcinogen. Governments need to take immediate action to inform the public and enact protective policies,” stated Dr. Anthony Miller, a senior advisor to the World Health Organization and scientific advisor to the Environmental Health Trust. Miller recently presented a 2017 review of the current peer reviewed science linking phone radiation to cancer at an international conference on Wireless and Health at the Israel Institute for Advanced Studies organized in cooperation with the U.S. National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences and Environmental Health Trust.
“Governments have allowed this technology to pervade our lives saying it did not have proof it could harm us. This latest analysis of Canadian Interphone study data that found a statistically significant doubling of risk for glioma among cell phone users with only 558 lifetime hours of use,” stated Dr. Devra Davis, President and Founder of Environmental Health Trust. Davis points out, “It doesn’t take long for most teenagers to surge past that amount cell phone use.”
Davis cautions about the rollout of 5G, “Not only does 5G plan to utilize cell phone frequencies, it also aims to incorporate millimeter waves that are frequencies already used at higher power as military weapons. Acknowledging the scientific evidence we have, how can this 5G rollout continue?”
Momoli F, Siemiatycki J, McBride ML, Parent MÉ, Richardson L, Bedard D, Platt R, Vrijheid M, Cardis E, Krewski D. Probabilistic multiple-bias modelling applied to the Canadian data from the INTERPHONE study of mobile phone use and risk of glioma, meningioma, acoustic neuroma, and parotid gland tumors. Am J Epidemiol. 2017 May 23. doi: 10.1093/aje/kwx157. [Epub ahead of print]
About Environmental Health Trust
Environmental Health Trust (EHT) educates individuals, health professionals and communities about controllable environmental health risks and policy changes needed to reduce those risks. Currently EHT is raising health concerns about cell phones and wireless in schools and recommends practical steps to reduce exposures. The Environmental Health Trust maintains a regularly updated database of worldwide precautionary policies on cell phone radiation and health.The foundation’s website is the go-to place for clear, science-based information to prevent disease.
Epidemiology of Cell Phones and Other Wireless Transmitting Devices – An Update Lecture by Dr. Anthony Miller
Expert Forum on Wireless and Health, Israel Institute for Advanced Studies, Videos of Lectures and Presentation Slides
Commentary by Researcher Elisabeth Cardis on cell phone radiation research
GROWING EVIDENCE FOR THE LINK BETWEEN MOBILE PHONES AND CANCER, Barcelona Institute for Global Health
Director, Coalition to Stop Smart Meters
The only thing green about smart meters is the money going into the corporate pockets.