[2B Carcinogen – Digital Devices cause Eye Problems – Doctor Ronald M. Powell‘s Letter asking Governments and Communities to Oppose 5G – Health Canada Safety Code 6 – Letter from Martene Hartnell, BC Ferries re No Wi-Fi Free Zones Complaint – LTE – Nokia Mini-Macros Small Cells / Microcells – RF Radiation – Solar Storms – Sprint | BC – Canada – UK – USA]
1) In the UK, “small” cells seem set to take off, with companies seeing opportunities to irradiate more and more areas with higher levels of RF, with Nokia already gaining a foothold in the USA.
(click on photos to enlarge)
“One big small cell client win seems to have been Sprint in the US, which has bought somewhere between 50,000-100,000 (Nokia declined to offer a precise number) of the Mini-Macros, which it has rolled out in a number of urban environments as well as specific ‘hot zones’ such as stadia…
One other key angle Nokia was keen to stress on this topic was multiband support for wifi and unlicensed spectrum. As we move towards a more heterogeneous connectivity environment Cox was keen to extol the growth opportunities that come with deploying small cells that support a number of different bands (see slide below).
Technologies like LAA and MulteFire are apparently much better solutions for hot zones than wifi, as anyone who has tried to use the public wifi at airports will find easy to believe. While the unlicensed LTE industry is still in its relative infancy, Nokia is positioning the deployment of small cells that support them as at the very least an act of future proofing.”
2) Please see the message at the following link from Dr. Ronald M. Powell (retired U.S. Government scientist; Ph.D., Applied Physics, Harvard University) to Federal, State, and Local Governments, and Communities urging them to oppose the expansion of cellular technology, especially 5G, on health grounds. Please share with your Municipal Councillors who most likely have no information about either these transmitters or RF radiation.
3) Several members have written to BC Ferries about people being unable to avoid being exposed to Wi-Fi on all of the major routes, with more ships being Wi-Fi’d soon. Below in Letters is a response one received which indicates that the Corporation is hiding behind Safety Code 6 in order to justify this. Everyone who takes the ferry is being given no choice to being exposed to high levels of RF radiation. Why should those who wish to use Wi-Fi be given preference over anyone else? How can BC Ferries ignore the fact that Health Canada, in the preface of Safety Code 6, says that it applies ONLY to people working at or visitors to federally regulated sites like cell towers. A BC Ferry is not a federally regulated site – just as a school isn’t.
We need to demand that BC Ferry provide an area free of exposure just as they would provide areas free of cigarette smoke. Would they use DDT and force their customers to breathe this pesticide? It is a 2B carcinogen just as microwave radiation is.
I do hope people will continue to write and demand options – ships without Wi-Fi or areas on ships without Wi-Fi. Pressure from customers is the only thing likely to work.
4) Non-smeter. Just something interesting. Protection from solar storms while putting our health at risk…
Humans Accidentally Created a Protective Bubble Around Earth
The interaction between radio transmissions and high-energy particles in space sometimes forms a shield around the planet, protecting it from dangerous cosmic phenomena.
5) Myopia, dry eye, macular degeneration are linked to digital device use
One clinician insists these conditions are exacerbated by the increasing use of electronics.
From: Customer Relations <email@example.com>
Subject: BC Ferries
Date: May 23, 2017
Thank you for contacting BC Ferries regarding our Wi-Fi service. I regret to learn of your disappointment and I have documented your feedback.
Please allow me to explain that in response to passenger concerns brought to the attention of BC Ferries regarding the safety of the public from radio frequency (RF) emissions, BC Ferries ordered RF field intensity testing from an independent consultant to be conducted on the Spirit of BC and Coastal Celebration vessels and at the Swartz Bay and Tsawwassen terminals.
The purpose of the testing was to ensure that BC Ferries was in compliance with the emissions measure of permissible exposure outlined in Health Canada’s “Safety Code 6” document. Measurement samples were taken from passenger accessible areas located nearby Wi-Fi access points over a 2 day period.
All test results measured significantly less than the permissible limits and comply with the Health Canada RF power density requirements for Uncontrolled Environments i.e. Safety Code 6. The results observed are consistent with other public spaces including schools, offices, urban outdoor spaces and shopping malls.
Health Canada develops guidelines and regulations for the protection of the general public from exposure to consumer radiation. Research is conducted by Health Canada for assessment of acceptable levels in residential and workplace environments. Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (formerly Industry Canada) is responsible for certifying equipment and compliance testing. BC Ferries only deploys wireless equipment that has been approved by Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada and by extension Health Canada.
Again, thank you for writing to us to share your point of view.
Advisor, Customer Relations,
British Columbia Ferry Services Inc.
Suite 500, 1321 Blanshard St., Victoria, BC V8W 0B7
T: 250-978-1184 F: 250-978-1240
Director, Coalition to Stop Smart Meters
“When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty.” Thomas Jefferson.