[Andrew Weaver – Christy Clark – David Suzuki – Doctor Anthony Miller – EHS Sleeping Caps Protection Clothing – Election Information – Electrosmog – Elizabeth May – Health – Martin Blank – Microwave Frequency Radiation – National Academy of Sciences – Oona McOuat Letter to BC Green Party and Small Cells / Microcells Presentation to Local Trust – Opposition to SB 649 – Precautionary Principle – RF – RSC Royal Society of Canada – UK Royal Society – Wi-Fi – Wireless Devices | Gulf Islands & Saanich North & Salt Spring Island, BC – County of Sacramento & Elk Grove, California, USA] & (video)
1) More California cities and counties are opposing the small cell / microcell initiatives.
The City of Elk Grove and County of Sacramento both opposed SB649. You can download their letters of opposition from this web page:
2) A very technical study but there are parts that are quite easy to understand and are very interesting, e.g.
“The sleeping caps case series
Patients began to initiate protection by purchasing commercially available shielded clothing and tenting from retailers. This clothing typically has silver-coated polyester threads interwoven with the supporting fabric so that the garment is capable of partially blocking microwave Electrosmog…
(click on photos to enlarge)
A full 90 % of the 64 patients reported a “Definite” or “Strong” change in their symptoms. This compares with the 3 % incidence for electromagnetic hypersensitivity typically expected in the population as a whole…
Immunopathology from Electrosmog
When the Electrosmog in a patient’s environment is reduced, the immune system tends to become more active. This may result in immunopathology. Indeed, some patients have reported a surge in disease symptoms, occasionally an intolerable surge, after WiFi routers and cell phones have been switched off in their homes. Others have reported that travel to a very quiet area, such as a remote canyon, caused a surge in their immune symptoms.”
3) The telecoms are so eager to use new technology, kind of like toys, that they are using the small cells / microcells inside of shopping malls and arenas. As some of our members have reported, the strength of these transmitters is very strong, and the close proximity to people is making these very dangerous.
“The small cell nightmare”
Sent: May 5, 2017
To: Sharon Noble
“BC Green Party leader Andrew Weaver is leaving a lot of people scratching their heads after hinting in a pair of interviews this week he’s open to propping up Christy Clark’s BC Liberals in the event of a minority government – the same party Weaver accused only last month of “selling out to corporate and foreign interests” and moving BC “backwards” on climate change .”
From: Oona McQuat (name given with permission)
Sent: May 6, 2017
To: BC Green Party <firstname.lastname@example.org>; ELizabeth May <email@example.com>; ELizabeth May <firstname.lastname@example.org>; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: The Provincial Green Party’s Stated Position on Wireless Technologies and EMF
Thanks for your reply, Cameron.
As a member of the Green Party, your answer deeply disappoints me.
1. Whether we are talking about asbestos, tobacco, genetically modified seeds, thalidomide, DDT, or pesticides such as neonicotinoids and bees, governing bodies have consistently initially picked and chosen the “evidence” that suits their existing policies and positions and supports the bank accounts of the industries which lobby them. Historically, it has taken undeniable levels of human and environmental suffering and social pressure to lead to policy change. Such, it appears, will be the case with wireless technologies. I shudder to think of how many children and pollinators must be harmed before we see the light, and I am disheartened that the provincial Greens have fallen hook, line, and sinker for industry-funded bait. https://olgasheean.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/WHO-setting-the-standard-for-a-wireless-world-of-harm.pdf.
2. As for your suggestion that I lobby organizations such as the Royal Society of Canada: their 2013 “expert panel” report on Canada’s Safety Code 6 was deeply biased. Half the panel members had strong financial ties to industry. The original panel chair resigned only after the CMAJ reported an undisclosed conflict of interest.The RSC invited Dr. Anthony Miller and Dr. Martin Blank as peer reviewers of the report but their input, which challenged the report results, was ignored. Federal Wi-Fi panel criticized for undisclosed conflict. Despite all this, in 2013 the RSC still concluded that “there are a number of gaps in our current knowledge about the impact of exposure to RF energy on human health” and that “there are very few data that would be directly useful in setting exposure limits at millimeter wave frequencies.” (The untested frequencies now being introduced by industry as 5G.)
3. Green Party Leader Elizabeth May supports the precautionary principle in regards to wireless radiation, and expects Health Canada – and not citizens like me – to insure Canadian are being adequately protected. Please see her recent letter below which was written to one of my associates. And please think carefully, Cameron, before responding flippantly to legitimate and valid concerns expressed by a wise and well-learned constituent.
4. The Green Party has lost my family’s vote in this election,
= = =
From: BC Green Party <email@example.com>
To: Oona McOuat
Sent: May 5, 2017
Subject: Re: Your Position on Wireless technologies and EMF
Thanks for getting in touch.
As you know, the BC Green Party supports evidence-based public policy.
The evidence we have reviewed indicates that wireless radiation does not pose a threat to public health and safety. If you have information that is not consistent with these findings, I would encourage you to lobby organizations such as the Royal Society in the UK, the Royal Society of Canada or the National Academy of Sciences to put together a new expert assessment.
Thanks again for writing to us with your concerns.
= = =
On Apr 26, 2017 at 10:56 PM, Oona McOuat wrote:
As I am currently deciding which candidate to vote for in my riding of Saanich North and the Islands, could you please tell me your personal position and, separately, that of the party you are affiliated with in respect to wireless radiation? Specifically, I’m referring to the ‘low-level’ pulsed, non-thermal radio / microwave frequency radiation that is emitted by all wireless products and devices – including microcell transmitters, ‘smart’ meters, and ‘smart’ appliances? Remember, ALL radiation is cumulative; it all adds up.
Most non-industry scientists in the world believe there is a direct correlation between the explosion of wireless devices in our society over the past 30 years and the corresponding epidemics of cancer, autism, and many other diseases. Despite common misconceptions, wireless and cellular technologies are not “Green” , energy conserving, or wise as they harm the DNA of all living things.
For specific information on my current deep concern – the widespread installation of microcell transmitters on our residential streets, please read this report I recently prepared for my local government, Salt Spring’s Island Trust, http://oonamcouat.com/ wp-content/uploads/Small_ Cells_and_a_Wireless_World.pdf or for a quick overview, watch my video Cellular Deception:
= = =
Date: 26 Apr 2017 17:38:27
Dear Ms. Hoffmann,
Thank you for copying me on your email to the Hon. Jane Philpott, and for sharing your concerns about the effects of wireless radiation.
My position is simple: people should not be compelled to expose themselves to radiation that they believe to be harmful. This policy regarding wireless radiation is based on the “precautionary principle.” Since we do not yet know the long-term effects of exposure to these frequencies, people should be able to make their own choices, informed by science.
Though Health Canada asserts that the ‘totality’ of the evidence does not point to a link between cell phone use and increased health risks, it is hubris to think that we fully know the effects of all our brand new technologies. The least we can do is allow people to make fully informed choices – and ensure that they have the ability to make their decisions in full possession of all of the facts. Canada must be a world leader in protecting its citizens, and to do so Health Canada must continually reassess the available science on these issues. I will continue to stand up for this principle in Parliament.
Thank you again for writing. I hope I have addressed your concerns. It is an honour to serve as your Member of Parliament.
Elizabeth May, O.C.
Member of Parliament
Saanich – Gulf Islands
Leader of the Green Party of Canada
Director, Coalition to Stop Smart Meters
It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on his not understanding it…….
~ Upton Sinclair