1) Cell Phone Radiation Litigation
If you are a B.C. resident and wish to receive updates about this action, particularly if you have used a cell phone and have been diagnosed with a brain tumour, please join the contact list by completing the form below. Please do not assume that this class action will result in individual compensation options being available. If you have any injury that you believe has been caused by cellular or other radiation, you need to contact your own lawyer and start an individual lawsuit regarding that injury without delay.
2) In the Oct. 12 update, I provided a press release from C4ST in response to the federal Minister of Health Jane Philpott’s contradiction of the Parliamentary Health Committee’s report which recommended that Canadians be warned about the dangers associated with wireless devices and the radiation they emit. (You can read the press release again if you wish – it’s on our website www.stopsmartmetersbc.com under “newsletters”.) [http://www.stopsmartmetersbc.com/z/2016-10-12-fed-health-minister-says-no-scientific-evidence-that-rf-is-harmful/]
Minister Philpott has now released her reasoning in report which is below in letters. She is badly misinformed, and her actions are a travesty. I’m sure many will be responding. So much for the Liberals’ “science-based decisions”.
“Some researchers and advocates question the safety of radiofrequency (RF) energy and the approach applied by Health Canada in assessing the scientific evidence related to developing human exposure limits. While some studies have reported health effects below Canadian and international safety limits the totality of the scientific evidence does not support the link between radiofrequency electromagnetic fields (RF EMF) and health effects.”
3) There has been discussion about how workers are exposed to transmitters without being aware of the dangers. This includes many trades and even people working at places like McDonald’s and Starbucks where transmitters are hidden near where employees work. A member found this great information about warnings given to workers in the building industry. Does anyone know if there is a similar group (CPWR) in Canada?
The Center for Construction Research and Training (also known as CPWR), together with the Roofing r2p Partnership and the RF Radiation Work Group, have developed the Radiofrequency (RF) Radiation Awareness Program for the Construction Industry, intended to inform employers and labor organizations about the risks of radiofrequency radiation.
The program includes a PowerPoint presentation, a video, a hazard alert card and a toolbox talk available in English and Spanish, as well as a guide that details hazard assessment and how to find regulations and guidance documents.
Radiation Awareness by the Center for Construction Research and Training
Check this out!!
Health Effects of RF Radiation
4) An application for new cell towers in Fort St. John, BC. This should be going through the normal application process with public notification and consultation as any other cell tower. Full information about the transmitter(s) planned for these poles should have been provided to the city and made available to the public, especially the residents near the site. If there are reasons for concerns, e.g. near schools and/or residences, according to Industry Canada policy, the owner of the land, e.g.if it is the City in this case, can refuse an application.
“The City of Fort St. John has received an application from Cypress Land Services Inc., for the installation of two 15.85 metre joint use BC Hydro/Telus utility poles located at 86th Street and 115th Avenue and north of 100th Avenue and east of 88th Street.”
5) Here is one of the articles where BC Hydro (Ted Olynyk) said to have a landline available because cell phones won’t work. Most people don’t realize that without their landlines, in the event of something like a storm or earthquake, cell phones will not be able to be charged and most likely cell transmitters won’t work either. When Telus tries to replace our landlines, we must remember this and fight to keep them.
Bill Casey, MP
Standing Committee on Health
House of Commons
Dear Mr. Casey:
Pursuant to the House of Commons Standing Order 109, I am pleased to respond, on behalf of the Government of Canada, to the Thirteenth Report of the Standing Committee on Health, entitled, “ Radiofrequency Electromagnetic Radiation and the Health of Canadians ” tabled in the House of Commons on June 15, 2016.
The Government would like to thank both past and present members of the Committee for their work in preparing this report and welcomes their interest in evaluating the potential health effects of radiofrequency electromagnetic radiation, including cell phones and Wi-Fi.
Protecting the health of Canadians and their environment is a core function of the Government. A number of actions directed at increasing awareness and responding to Canadians’ concerns related to potential negative health effects from electromagnetic energy have already been initiated. As can be seen in the attached Government Response, the Government is committed to using the best available science to inform its decision making. The Government will continue to monitor the international scientific literature and support awareness on exposure to electromagnetic radiofrequencies while promoting information sharing amongst all levels of government. As described in the Response, action will also be taken on additional recommendations provided by the Committee.
The Honourable Jane Philpott, M.P.
Minister of Health
Director, Coalition to Stop Smart Meters
“Our Society is run by insane people for insane objectives. We are being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I m liable to be put away as insane for expressing that.
That’s what is insane about it…”
~ John Lennon
Sent from a wired laptop with no wifi functionality.