1) Warning from a member in Bella Coola. BC Hydro has been told and has promised to send letters in advance to let people know that their analogs have expired and to arrange exchanges. This is not the only place where BC Hydro is not following the procedure that we were promised (what a surprise? Going back to the past of lies, tricks, twists and deceits.). We are paying legacy fees to keep our analogs until they expire. Analogs expire on Dec. 31 of the expiry year. Granted, Hydro needs to work around schedules, but not by lying and threats of disconnection, which is what is happening.
The grid is working just fine in many places where people are allowed the right to keep analogs, e.g. California. Is BC Hydro so incompetent and is their system so inept that a few analogs disrupt the entire sytem??
Let me know if this is happening in other places. Put “Watch out” on the subject line.
“BC Hydro workmen are in the Bella Coola valley at the moment trying to replace existing analog meters with smart meters — even though persons still with analog meters and paying the extortion fee do not want them.
Unless someone is home at the time they come by and stop them, they exchange the meter. They are telling people who don’t want the smart meter that the grid won’t work until everyone has a smart meter. What a pile of baloney as the electrical grid has worked very well before smart meters were even considered.”
2) A good site from our friends down under. Please share widely. People need to see that there are hundreds of groups with many people working to educate and inform about the dangers of the wireless world that is being forced upon us.
3) And more news from Australia. From a member.
“IMPORTANT – A judge in Australia decided that a lawsuit by an Electrosensitive person claiming cell tower radiation is an ASSAULT will move forward. Read more (Thanks to Ed Friedman for sending this)
Well done to Louise Brosnan for bringing this lawsuit. I think it is a fantastic legal approach and a real one. The judge’s decision to let the case move forward is an indication that personal ES cases are the way to go. It will be difficult for a judge when faced with the ES who are sick to deny the obvious – that what harms that person is the EMR. We need to swamp the courts with ES cases.”
4) On Vancouver Island CTV news, an item showing how easy it is to hack into a home. The $$meter has been judged to be one of the most vulnerable entry points.
http://vancouverisland.ctvnews.ca/video?binId=1.1777487 (start at 45:00)
5) Billing problems with Itron Openway $$meters in Pennsylvania. Either too high or too low for many people. Is there anything these things do right?
6) A non RF example of a twisted scientist sent by a member. This one argues for the industry that the oceans are in fine shape, that over fishing is exaggerated while he accepts millions of $$ from the industry. We need to demand that every report be supported by a clear statement showing funding from all sources that the researcher has received, Perhaps a website for each scientist with ongoing lists of monies received and the source is needed.
(please read from the bottom up)
Subject: May 14th, 2016 – RESPONSE TO E-MAIL DATED MAY 13TH, 2016 -March 19th, 2016 – RE METER ########
As Hydro does not have a liability waiver, I will have a liability waiver drawn up by my lawyer for Hydro to sign. Once this is signed, I am then prepared to have an uncertified radio off meter installed at my home.
To be clear here. Who do I send the waiver to once it is drawn up? If it is not signed, I will not allow installation to happen. I will not put my townhome along with the other five units at risk of fire from an uncertified meter being installed on a base that was meant for a certified analog meter.
As my correspondence has been with others from your department, I am advising once again, that Hydro cannot gain entry to our electrical room if I am not home. Thus, once the waiver is signed, I will still require an appointment to be made for installation.
= = =
Subject: RE: May 12th, 2016 – RESPONSE TO E-MAIL DATED MAY 12TH, 2016 -March 19th, 2016 – RE METER #########
We are replacing all expiring meters within the calendar year; it would be impractical to wait until December 31st 2015 to replace all expiring meters. BC Hydro has exhausted its stock of legacy meters and is not recertifying old meters.
Please refer to my email of May 12 addressing your further concerns. To be clear, no liability waiver exists or will be provided.
Our position remains as indicated below and have provided you with all information as it pertains to the meter exchange. Unless you have additional questions relating to another BC Hydro related matter, this email serves as our final response.
= = =
Sent: 2016, May 12 9:28 PM
Cc: Leonard Krog <email@example.com>; John Horgan <firstname.lastname@example.org>; email@example.com; SmartMeters@bchydro.com
Subject: Re: May 12th, 2016 – RESPONSE TO E-MAIL DATED MAY 12TH, 2016 -March 19th, 2016 – RE METER #######
I require a response to my last paragraph of my letter please.
Also….please…do not threaten me! I will go forward and lay charges of harassment if this nonsense does not stop.
My meter does not expire until the end of December, 2016, you therefore have ample time to obtain a replacement analog meter.
= = =
Subject: RE: May 12th, 2016 – RESPONSE TO E-MAIL DATED MAY 12TH, 2016 -March 19th, 2016 – RE METER ######
Thanks for your response. When the Meter Choices Program was announced in 2013, customers could keep an old meter “until the meter breaks down, their Measurement Canada seal expires or they relocate.” As a result, you will default to the radio-off meter.
If you remain opposed to our meter installation, we will have no choice but to disconnect your service as the meter will become non-compliant. Please note that reconnection of service will be a radio-off or regular smart meter and standard reconnection charges (up to $700) will apply. There are no associated charges with the installation of a radio off meter provided clear unobstructed access is provided.
Director, Coalition to Stop Smart Meters
“When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty.”
~ Thomas Jefferson.