1) When you think BC Hydro and Bill Bennett cannot sink any lower, they always find a way. This pertains to the new high charges Hydro wants to charge to reconnect service for those who can’t pay the ever increasing bills. As the article says, it only takes a press of a button to reconnect the power. Bennett patronizes by wishing to use these fees as a way to “educate” people on how to save energy. Right. Cut their power. That will reduce their usage. This government is heartless.
2) A member sent in this as a reminder of what happened with tobacco and, no doubt, is happening with wireless devices and microwave radiation.
3) Many hear “the HUM” that is heard around the world. One person is mapping occurrences.
“He (MacPherson) also notes that Vancouver Island has a “significantly higher concentration of Hum reports.”
MacPherson says the Hum may be a relatively recent phenomenon, with a significant number of reports first emerging in the late 60 and early 70s.”
4) One of our members has noticed that the Knowledge Network has been advertising a wireless app so kids can download or watch their favorite shows on their tablets. (http://www.knowledgekids.ca/app). In the ad, young children are sitting with tablets on their laps, which is counter to the manufacturers’ warnings. Whoever wrote this ad obviously doesn’t know how dangerous this is for children and we should help educate this station and their PR people. Please consider writing to them at:
My email is below.
5) On Sunday, CBS “60 Minutes” did a segment on how easily cell and “smart” phones can be hacked. It shows just how vulnerable anything wireless is – thermostats, computers and, of course, $$mart meters.
6) I will be on CFAX (1070 AM) tomorrow (Tuesday) @ 1:30 pm for my monthly interview with Ian Jessop. I am not sure what the topic will be but please feel free to phone in or email any comments or questions.
From: Sharon Noble
Sent: April 18, 2016
Subject: Advertisements for children
Dear Sir or Madam,
You recently have been advertising apps for children to have on their tablets or other mobile devices. Children are shown with tablets on their laps.
I want to take this opportunity to let you know that you are misleading parents and endangering children unless you include in your advertisement that these devices should be used only in airplane mode. Otherwise the devices are continually connected to Wi-Fi thus exposing the children to microwave radiation which has been shown to have the potential of causing serious biological harm. Of particular note is the fact that scientists warn that children and pregnant women are especially vulnerable.
Even the manufacturers of tablets and other wireless devices have warnings, advising that these gadgets, when “on”, should not be in contact with the body and should never be closer than approximately 1 inch from the body. This instruction usually is found toward the back of the manual in very small print.
Please be aware that in May, 2011, the International Agency for Research on Cancer classified microwave radiation for all wireless devices as a 2b(Possible) human carcinogen, the same classification as DDT and lead.
Also, in May, 2015, 190 scientists from 39 countries, who collectively published more than 2000 research papers, wrote an appeal to the United Nations asking for the precautionary principle to be applied, for education to be provided, especially for the sake of our children. As of Feb, 2016, 220 scientists had signed appeal. https://www.emfscientist.org/
As a concerned grandparent, I ask you to please remove this advertisement, or include with it a warning that no child should use a tablet or other wireless device when it is “on”. The parent should download the program and allow the child to use the tablet only when it is in airplane mode and no radiation is being emitted.
I am sure that everyone at the Knowledge Network wants children to be able to enjoy all the wonderful programs — safely.
Should you have any questions about anything I’ve written, please let me know.
Regards and best wishes,
Director, Coalition to Stop Smart Meters
Democracy must be something more than two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner.
~ James Bovard