1) More people are learning about the dangers of Wi-Fi and wireless devices. One day, there will be so many informed people that even Health Canada and Perry Kendall will not be able to ignore us.
2) Paris Conference, Feb. 11, 50 scientists and researchers say it’s time to address health effects of Wi-Fi and EHS. As more people are exposed to microwave radiation from wireless devices like $$meters, more people will become sensitive. This must be stopped.
“A meeting of doctors and scientists on electrosensitivity at the University of Paris Feb. 11 said that “It is finally time to discuss this major public health issue.”
More than 50 doctors, scientists and healthcare professionals signed a document calling for research to “better understand and recognize electro-hypersensitivity.”
3) Next week in Australia, there will be a documentary program about Wi-Fi. The link gives the time – and we might be able to see it.
“Wi-Fi blankets our homes, schools & cities. Dr Maryanne Demasi takes a closer look at the link between mobile phones & brain cancer & explores whether our wireless devices could be putting our health at risk. #ABCcatalyst”
4) Parents and grandparents in Maryland confront a school board that has allowed Wi-Fi in schools and posted incorrect information about it. Several short, excellent presentations.
The initial letter which this writer wrote and refers to was sent in last night’s update
Sent: February 11, 2016 11:56 PM
To: Jane.Philpott@parl.gc.ca; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
Cc: email@example.com; Sharon Noble; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; Navdeep.Bains@parl.gc.ca; Doug.Anastos@telus.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: Our Inadequate and Deceptive Safety Code 6
Dear Ms May, Ms Philpot, and Mr Trudeau,
I am writing this as a follow-up to the letter I sent you almost four weeks ago via email. I have not yet received a response to that message which was sent on January 16, 2016 and had the subject heading: Telus Small Cell Transmitters, Accountability, and EMF. A copy of it is attached.
On January 19, 2016, I received a response from Minister of Health Jane Philpott to the message I sent to both her and you on November 4, 2015 on this same subject. Her response, which is also attached, is extremely disappointing. (instead of attaching the letter, for ease it can be found at http://tinyurl.com/h3lzhlk)
In it, she assures me that Canada’s Safety Code 6 is top notch. As documented below, this is simply not the case. Look closely, and it is clear that there are biases and economic interests aplenty influencing how much EMF exposure is deemed “safe” in Canada.
Of course, this would not be an issue if exposure to the non-thermal EMF generated by cell phones, smart meters, and yes – Telus’ small cell transmitters and more – were benign. But a plethora of peer-reviewed scientific research shows it is harmful. On an almost weekly basis, new and alarming data is emerging.
Since May 11, 2015, over 200 scientists from 40 countries have signed the International EMF Scientists Appeal addressed to the Secretary General of the United Nations and the Director General of the World Health Organization urging them to: “Protect humans and wildlife from the dangers of electromagnetic radiation and wireless technology.” At the same time, companies like Google and Facebook are being given carte blanche to blanket the whole planet in harmful EMF.
In sharing my concern about Telus’ small cell transmitters with you last November, I thought I would address a large topic by focusing on a specific issue. Ms. Philpott’s attached response, however, has moved the issue into a larger arena.
Repeatedly I ask myself, why, when EMF harms all of us, is it being ignored by smart people in positions of power, people whose kids and grand-kids are being affected daily by our denial, our ignorance, our complacency, and in some cases, our out-and-out deception? Perhaps in an age of too much information, some of us are not getting the information that really matters? Let’s take a peek behind the cheerful façade of Canada’s Safety Code 6.
(Thanks to Electronic Warfare and Signals Intelligence specialist, retired Canadian Armed Forces Captain, Jerry Flynn, for providing much of the data below.)
Non-Thermal Radiation and Safety Code 6
In February, 2013, Health Canada senior scientist, Dr. James McNamee, stated in a Quebec Superior Court, that the Safety Code 6 guideline for frequencies between 100 kHz and 300 GHz is based ONLY on preventing a heating effect. (Wi-Fi, mobile phones, cell towers, smart etc all operate in this High Frequency range.) This same Dr. James McNamee was recently the lead author for Health Canada’s revised SC6 (2015).
Note: Safe levels in the SC6 (2015) version, while reduced some 66 times, are still egregiously high and do not recognize non-thermal EMF.
On July 9, 2014, fifty-three scientists from eighteen countries and on September 28, 2014, over 50 Canadian physicians condemned Safety Code 6 (SC6) and called on Health Canada to intervene to: “help avoid an emerging health crisis.”
At the same time, Health Canada and its four western-aligned national and international radiation regulatory agencies (see below) refuse to admit that non-thermal radiation is harmful to humans and other life forms. They dismiss and find fault with all the studies that prove otherwise. But who are “they” and whose best interest do they have at heart?
Health Canada and the Four Radiation Regulatory Agencies
The four Western-aligned agencies are: the WHO (the World Health Organization), ICNIRP (the International Commission on Non-Ionizing Radiation Protection), IEEE/ICES (the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers/International Committee on Electromagnetic Safety), and the FCC (the Federal Communications Commission.)
This is where it gets interesting….
- Dr. Michael Repacholi, the same scientist who originally established Health Canada’s SC6(assisted by Dr. Maria Stuchly, whose Industrial Research Chair at the University of Victoria is funded by BC Hydro and the telecommunications industry), next orchestrated virtually identical ‘Guidelines’ for the WHO. He then established essentially the same ‘Guidelines’ for ICNIRP, assisted by Professor Anders Ahlbom. This is the same Professor Ahlbom who in May 2011 was removed as Chairman of the IARC’s (International Agency for Research on Cancer) Review Panel, which was established to assess the cancer risks of cell phones. IARC learned that Professor Ahlbom is a longtime Director in his brother’s telecom company. On leaving the WHO, Dr. Repacholi became a full-time consultant for the electric power and telecom industries.
- The now infamous Dr. Michael Repacholi has publicly admitted that throughout the 10-year USD $250-million International Study of EMF, for which he was the Coordinator, he had accepted $150,000 annually from industry.
- Another of Health Canada’s former senior scientists, Dr. Art Thansandote (who recently retired from Health Canada) is, and has been for more than 10 years, the Co-Chairman of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers/International Committee on Electromagnetic Safety (IEEE/ICES) TC-95 Sub-Committee 4, which is THE committee that establishes ‘safe’ radiation exposure limits for the USA. The key members of this omnipotent Sub-Committee are the US Air Force, US Army, Motorola, Nokia, Alcatel-Lucent, Siemens and Bell. Not surprisingly, IEEE/ICES ‘safe’ radiation exposure limits were very similar to Health Canada’s SC6.
- The FCC has no EMF scientists of its own. Although it establishes “safe” radiation exposure limits for the USA, it simply adopts those of the IEEE/ICES, which it then promulgates to the world as if they were the FCC’s. Harvard University’s Investigative Journalism Fellow, Norm Alster, takes this fascinating look at how the FCC is dominated by the industries it presumably regulates.
- For example: the current Chairman of the FCC, Tom Wheeler, was formerly the President and CEO of CTIA (the Cellular Telecommunications Industry Association) which lobbies all governments across the US on behalf of its member companies. Before that, he was the President and CEO of the National Cable Television Association, where his duties were similar to those he had at CTIA.
- In this 2008 report, the US National Research Council of the National Academies of Science, Medicine and Engineering identified the inadequacies in the research record upon which the FCC’s RF safety limits are based. Page 3 of this submission made to the Massachusetts Department of Public Utilities in March 2014 summarizes the many questions and concerns related to EMF exposure identified by the NRC, including multiple frequency exposures, multilateral exposures, possible neurophysiologic effects developing during long-term exposure to RF fields, and more.
If you’ve read this far, you may understand why I made the recommendations I did in my attached letter of January 16th, 2016. Please take a look at them. I have my biases – I want our kids and our environment to be healthy and vibrant, I want bees and other migratory creatures to flourish, I want there to be some wild, untouched places left – but I’m not getting paid by any telecommunication companies. : )
The most significant of my recommendations is the last:
I believe it is essential that in this calendar year our federal government form a wise and informed multidisciplinary non-industry affiliated working group on the issue of EMF.
Director, Coalition to Stop Smart Meters
“Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth.”
~ Albert Einstein