- Attached is a new “rate design application” proposed by BC Hydro for those whose meters were turned off. More information on the application, e.g. dates for comments, etc. are athttp://www.bcuc.com//ApplicationView.aspx?ApplicationId=511 .The application asks for a $700 reconnection fee for those whose power was disconnection due to inability to access the meter. More extortion and intimidation. We must ask BCUC to disallow this punitive charge. I will attempt to find out what “note 1” means – “set on an interim basis.”
2) In Medicine Hat, people are being forced to accept 3 smeters. How is this legal? No choice to have 3 radiation-emitting devices on your home!! I hope these people get a lawyer.
“Councillor Bill Cocks says that in the end, switching to a smart meter is not a choice for the residents and council is weighing their options for people who continue to refuse in the new year.
“One of the options is we’ll start to charge for manual reads,” says Cocks, “the other option is court orders but we don’t want to do that.” Cocks added that taking people to court will likely be an absolute last resort.”
3) In the USA, a group is said to be working to “educate” the public about the benefits of the $$mart grid. If something is all that good, why is such a sales job needed? And what are the benefits? No state or province has seen any.
“The Smart Grid Consumer Collaborative is a nonprofit organization that works to learn the wants and needs of energy consumers in the United States, encourage the collaborative sharing of best practices in consumer engagement among industry stakeholders, and educate the public about the benefits of the smart grid.”
4) Non- smeters. Schools across the province and country are forcing children and teachers to use and be exposed to Wi-Fi, without telling parents of the dangers or getting their permission. This is happening even when schools are already using fiber optic cable for internet access which allows for faster, more efficient, more secure and far safer use.
Margaret Friesen, a mother in Manitoba, is working hard on this topic and asked that I share this information. If you have questions, Marg’s email is firstname.lastname@example.org
Please distribute this report which has 50 studies with biological effects (http://c4st.org/WiFiCanadianSchools ) to all those responsible for the health and safety of Canadian children whose schools have Wi-Fi. The covering letter that Marg sent to every Superintendent in Manitoba is attached.
Wi-Fi in Canadian Schools: A Health and Safety Issue
Peer-reviewed scientific studies (50) documenting potentially harmful biological effects of Wi-Fi frequency (2.4-2.45 GHz) at or below Health Canada’s Safety Code 6[i] guidelines and recommendations for precautionary measures
Highlights: Abstract (page 1), Figures 1 and 3 (pages 4 and 5) and Recommendations (bottom of page 6).
By Margaret Friesen M.Sc. on behalf of Canadians for Safe Technology- 28 November 2015.
5) In Ontario, the Auditor General keeps on top of Hydro One and its expensive, unnecessary programs. Where is our AG? Why aren’t there similar statements about BC Hydro with its hidden costs and fees, and an investigation into the waste that is ongoing? Why are rates continuing to increase each year? Why are extortive and punitive fees, like the legacy and reconnection fees, allowed?
6) A member wanted to share this, “Cell phone poisoning of America.” Remember that the frequencies used by the smeters are the same as those used by many cell phones. The major difference is that the cell phone’s power is directed to the head, where the entire body is exposed to the RF from the transmitters on our homes. There are many references to studies many of which were done decades ago. It has been known for years by the governments and industry that RF radiation is dangerous.
“Electromagnetic pollution may be the most significant form of pollution human activity has produced this century, all the more dangerous because it is invisible and insensible.”….
Former Motorola Research Scientist Acknowledges Radiation Problem
Robert Kane, PhD., former Motorola Senior Research Scientist and Technical Staff Member, said this,
“Recent research has demonstrated that even short-term exposure to radiation power densities emanating from a nearby cellular telephone is sufficient to modify brainwave patterns, affect short-term memory, and modify an individual’s ability to perform physical tasks such as driving an automobile.”
Sent: December 13, 2015
To: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; Jody.Wilson-Raybould@parl.gc.ca; Jonathan.Wilkinson@parl.gc.ca; Dianne.Watts@parl.gc.ca; email@example.com; Mark.Strahl@parl.gc.ca; Kennedy.Stewart@parl.gc.ca; Wayne.Stetski@parl.gc.ca; Jati.Sidhu@parl.gc.ca; Randeep.Sarai@parl.gc.ca; HarjitS.Sajjan@parl.gc.ca; Dan.Ruimy@parl.gc.ca; Murray.Rankin@parl.gc.ca; Carla.Qualtrough@parl.gc.ca; Joe.Peschisolido@parl.gc.ca; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; Ron.McKinnon@parl.gc.ca; Elizabeth.May@parl.gc.ca; Sheila.Malcolmson@parl.gc.ca; Alistair.MacGregor@parl.gc.ca; Jenny.Kwan@parl.gc.ca; firstname.lastname@example.org; Gord.Johns@parl.gc.ca; Ken.Hardie@parl.gc.ca; Pam.Goldsmith-Jones@parl.gc.ca; Randall.Garrison@parl.gc.ca; Stephen.Fuhr@parl.gc.ca; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; Todd.Doherty@parl.gc.ca; Sukh.Dhaliwal@parl.gc.ca; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; Richard.Cannings@parl.gc.ca; Rachel.Blaney@parl.gc.ca; Terry.Beech@parl.gc.ca; Mel.Arnold@parl.gc.ca; John.Aldag@parl.gc.ca; Dan.Albas@parl.gc.ca
Subject: Smart Meter Cybersecurity
Dear BC Members of Parliament,
By now you will have received an email from Sharon Noble expressing concern about cyber security particularly as it relates to the smart grid/smart meters. I have copied her email below. (I omitted it) I respectfully ask that you begin to investigate this important issue as soon as possible, as it is a very real threat to all Canadians. This includes you.
Most Canadians are unaware of the potential risk that exists. As our elected representatives, it is your responsibility to protect us. Informing yourselves of the very real dangers that are on the horizon is crucial.
Power of the People is stronger than the People in Power