1) In the US, people are asking about consumer rights and why there are no laws to protect the public against smart meters which are dangerous and harmful, with astounding evidence to back up these concerns. In Canada, no one is accepting responsibility for these things either, with many loopholes for all agencies to use. It’s time we consider some lawsuits, some major actions.
2) New Chair of BCUC – another Bennett. We can rest assured that there has been no nepotism involved….!!
3) Several really good Letters today in the section below.
4) A major US utility company concludes that smart meters are not necessary to “modernize” the electrical grid.
“Eversource does not believe smart meters and/or AMI are key enabling investments for the future of the modernized grid. As demonstrated by Eversource’s plan in Massachusetts, there are many more cost effective technologies that can help meet the grid modernization objectives that Eversource considers to be key in any modernization program.”
“Key Operational Benefits from an AMI Deployment are Insufficient. Eversource’s analysis also indicates that the incremental operational benefits of moving to an AMI platform are insufficient to warrant the increased cost.”
“On the cost side, AMI deployments experience a set of high fixed upfront costs beyond the smart meters themselves…. there might be other alternatives that could leverage third-party investments in communication technologies that could provide similar capabilities to AMI but at lower costs to our customers.“
“In an opt-out program, customer experience will be negatively impacted as many customers will feel dissatisfaction at having [been] placed in a program without any opportunity to participate in the decision-making process.”
“In addition to the legal and logistical issues related to the deployment of Advanced Metering Infrastructure (‘AMI’) in New Hampshire, Eversource believes that a broad-based deployment, or a multi-stage roll-out, of smart meters or AMI is not cost-effective for New Hampshire customers.”
5) Advocacy group pushing for reduced electricity rates for those considered as poor. With rates increasing and time-of-use billing to be introduced as soon as enough of the grid is completed, those living on fixed and low incomes will have to pay even larger percentages for this essential service.
6) One city in Oklahoma has hired an “ombudsman” to deal with complaints about exorbitant bills after $$meters installed.
TO: Brad Bishop, BC Hydro Meter Deployment Manager
RE: Account Number: xxxxx and Your Letter dated September 22, 2015
The electrical meter that is attached to my home is uncovered with wide open access. Always has been.
In the past, and prior to the smart meters debacle, BC Hydro meter readers had always phoned prior to reading the meter so I could open the gate into my property for them. I am a widow living in a rural area and my gate is closed for a reason. On receiving a telephone call, I would walk down and open the gate so the meter reader wouldn’t have to get out of their vehicle but could drive right in. Nothing has changed with the exception I no longer receive a telephone call.
I do believe that some time ago an installer had phoned on their way through the area wanting immediate access and I said no, not now. I was in the middle of a large social gathering on my property. An appointment time would have been a polite & courteous consideration rather than a drive-by.
Within your letter of September 22, 2015 you specifically state that the forthcoming meter exchange is “the expired legacy meter for another legacy meter”. Also, someone from BC Hydro, calling from 1-604-224-9376, left a message on my answering machine clearly stating it was a “legacy meter exchange for another legacy meter, not a smart meter”. I am assuming the terminology of “legacy meter” specifically refers to an analogue meter. I will only accept an analogue meter, not a smart meter and not a digital meter.
I require that an appointment be made please, to not only ensure that I am home in order to unplug all electrical appliances, plus throw the main switch to OFF so no damage is done, but also to bring the neighbours’ rather temperamental dog inside the house should it be a dog-sitting day.
When I renovated my home, which included a complete and totally new electrical re-wiring package throughout the entire structure (converting from 100 amp to 200 amp), the work was inspected, certified and passed by an electrical inspector, I expect nothing less than that from a qualified BC Hydro employee, not some slap-dash Corix installer, and will not give permission for a “live exchange”. CSA says that a live exchange can nullify the CSA certification of the base. This is my home and I am fully within my legal and constitutional rights to protect it.
I have already spoken to someone within BC Hydro when I phoned 1-800-409-8199 and since you are all work-mates I request that you tell the person/persons setting up these transactions to make an appointment date for me then apprise me of it.
As an aside, it’s too bad that BC Hydro feels they must threaten customers with disconnection. Hydro customers do have lives, do have daily routines, do have other responsibilities in life, do have other obligations…and for Hydro to presume otherwise is indeed, not only an imposition, but aggressively rude to impertinent and impolite.
In closing, please set up an appointment day & time then apprise me of it.
Awaiting your reply.
Sent: September 30, 2015
To: firstname.lastname@example.org <mailto:email@example.com>
Subject: Regarding Canadian Health
Member of Parliament,Canada
I am writing this letter to you to let you know that there is a very serious health crisis looming in Canada in regards to microwave radiation in our atmosphere.Over the past 18 years, since I had to move from my home that was located near a broadcast tower, I have been researching the subject of health effects from cell phones, WiFi, smart meters and R F broadcast towers.
It has been known for some time that The World Health Organization has labeled Microwave radiation and Low frequency radiation as a class 2 B carcinogen.
The Harper Government, knowing this, auctioned off frequencies that can penetrate elevators, tunnels and concrete walls.
Not only does it carry signals over longer distances with the use of fewer cell towers, but it also does a better job of penetrating man-made structures, such as buildings.
They seem to have ignored the damage it can cause to living cells.
Jimmy Gonzeles-cancer from cell phone
Dr Dart-cancer around cell towers
Barrie Trower, effects on future generations
I have received horror stories from Canada and around the world regarding the effects of micro wave radiation on human health.
What really bothers me is the fact of the Harper government knowing that Micro wave radiation can cause cancer and auctioning off more frequencies in the mean time and having the nerve to offer a donation to the Terry Fox run for the cure of cancer which they could very well be responsible for ??? I hope, for the health concerns of Canadians, you will bring this point up in your election discussions. (THIS IS A SERIOUS MATTER, many Canadians are suffering from EMF pollution)
From: Jerry Flynn
To: ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’ <email@example.com>; ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’ <email@example.com>; ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’ <email@example.com>; ‘Premier’ <PREMIER@leg.gov.mb.ca>; ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’ <email@example.com>; ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’ <email@example.com>; ‘PREMIER@novascotia.ca’ <PREMIER@novascotia.ca>; ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’ <email@example.com>; ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’ <email@example.com>; ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’ <email@example.com>; ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’ <email@example.com>; ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’ <email@example.com>; ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’ <email@example.com>; ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’ <email@example.com>; ‘Toronto Board of Health (firstname.lastname@example.org)’ <email@example.com>
Subject: Mothers, Grandmothers and Expectant Mothers – Wake Up!
Mothers, Grandmothers and Expectant Mothers – Wake up!
Embryos, newborn babies, children of all ages, the sick and the elderly are especially being harmed today because Health Canada, Industry Canada and B.C.’s Provincial Health Officer are NOT telling us the truth about the very real – KNOWN – harm humans and all living things experience when constantly exposed to the kind of microwave radiation emitted by today’s wireless devices – including baby monitors and Smart Meters! The only PEOPLE who say this radiation is safe are those profiting from the sale of wireless products. The only STUDIES showing that this radiation is safe are those paid for by Industry! Informed people everywhere know the following are verifiable facts:
1) July 2014, 53 scientists from 18 countries openly condemned Canada’s radiation ‘guidelines’ and urged Health Canada “to intervene to prevent an emerging health crisis”!
2) In July 2014, 22 Canadian doctors openly condemned Canada’s so-called ‘safe’ radiation Exposure Limits and urged Health Canada “to protect Canadians from today’s wireless radiation”;
3) In June 2015, more than 200 world-class scientists from 40 countries signed the International Scientists’ Appeal which was specifically addressed to the Secretary General of the United Nations, to all U.N. member-countries and to the Director General of the World Health Organization calling on all parties to “protect humans and wildlife from the dangers of wireless technology.”
4) Insurance companies will not insure any wireless device against lawsuits alleging health-related illnesses attributed to wireless radiation! Disgracefully, Canada’s own federal government and the wireless and electric power industries have successfully convinced municipal governments that wireless is safe — and extremely profitable! Mankind’s only salvation today is women: when mothers and grandmothers finally learn the truth, their united voices will stop this genocide and force all governments to restore decency and democracy to Canada!
James G. (“Jerry”) Flynn, Captain (Retired)
My daughter shares a ground floor apartment in South Vancouver which is available for sublet February 15 until May 30, 2016. The bedroom is fully shielded, and the rest of the apartment is either no signals or extremely low. The upstairs of the house has no wireless at all, but there is a smart meter on the house and neighbouring houses. The room mate is not EHS, but highly aware of the issue and follows house rules.
All internet connections are hardwired. $750 per month, which also covers hydro and internet connection. Furnished, apart from linens and towels.
Eva is playing “Maria” in West Side Story in Edmonton and Banff, and is looking for safe temporary accommodation in those locations for the same time period, in case anyone has contacts in those locations. Thanks for sharing.
Contact Eva Tavares at firstname.lastname@example.org
Newsletter prepared by Sharon Noble