- Summerland Citizens for Safe Technology, a group formed in 2007 over concerns about microwave cellular towers in Summerland neighborhoods, is pleased to announce a presentation by Dr. Malcolm Paterson, PhD, molecular oncologist. The public talk, entitled “Hooked on Wireless Technology: Are these gadgets harming us and getting out of control?”, will commence at 7 pm on Wednesday, September 30, at the IOOF Hall in Summerland. A press release is attached with full details. Please share.
- A report on the influence of the wireless industry on regulations and the agencies responsible, e.g. FCC in the US (and, I assume, Health Canada in Canada) shows that science, health, and safety are ignored for the sake of money.
“The FCC in 1997 sent the message it has implicitly endorsed and conveyed ever since: study health effects all you want. It doesn‘t matter what you find. The build-out of wireless cannot be blocked or slowed by health issues.” Pg/13
“Insurance is where the rubber hits the road on risk. So it is interesting to note that the rating agency A.M. Best, which advises insurers on risk, in 2013 topped its list of ―emerging technology-based risks‖ with RF Radiation:
“The risks associated with long-term use of cell phones, although much studied over the past 10 years, remain unclear. Dangers to the estimated 250,000 workers per year who come in close contact with cell phone antennas, however, are now more clearly established. Thermal effects of the cellular antennas, which act at close range essentially as open microwave ovens can include eye damage, sterility and cognitive impairments. While workers of cellular companies are well trained on the potential dangers, other workers exposed to the antennas are often unaware of the health risks. The continued exponential growth of cellular towers will significantly increase exposure of these workers and others coming into close contact with high-energy cell phone antenna radiation,” A.M. Best wrote.24” pg 15
“Indeed, the auctions of electromagnetic spectrum, used by all wireless communications companies to send their signals, have yielded nearly $100 billion in recent years. The most recent auction to wireless providers produced the unexpectedly high total of $43 billion. No matter that the sale of spectrum is contributing to a pea soup of electromagnetic ―smog‖ whose health consequences are largely unknown. The government needs money and Congress shows its appreciation with consistently pro-wireless policies.” Pg. 47
“Under pressure from budget cutters and deregulators, government funding for research on RF health effects has dried up…. Numerous scientists have told me there‘s simply no independent research funding in the U.S. They are left with a simple choice: work on industry-sponsored research or abandon the field.” Pg 47
- The update has not been used for advertisement or personal requests in the past but now that so many people are either sensitive or concerned about the health effects of exposure to RF/EMF, it seems appropriate to use this as a means to help people looking for safe accommodation. Such requests will be added below letters rather than in the “meat” of the update. There is one in tonight’s. If you can help, please contact the individual directly.
- In Arizona one person is leading the way on rooting out corruption and conflicts of interest in the public utility commission. Just as in BC, information that should be legally available to the public is being denied. We all need to demand that the BCUC, BC Hydro, Fortis BC, Bill Bennett, Perry Kendall and others provide information to us showing that the smart meters, cell phones, cell towers, wifi in school have been proven to be safe. If they can’t then these devices should be recalled and removed from ares where the public can be exposed.
- Other utility commissions are filled with arrogant people with agendas that are other than promoting safe practices. Look at this fellow when he closes a meeting calling those who are concerned about smart meters “charlatans”.
- A recent high school grad addresses what he/she learned about the dangers of wifi in school.
From a member:
Just a wee note to tell you about a recent experience of mine that demonstrates how harmful Wi-Fi is, seeing how today’s newsletter has information regarding Wi-Fi, and the harm it does. I just returned from a recent trip in BC, and while there stayed in a motel. Well, after a few days, MY FACE WAS BURNT TO A CRISP!! OMG! I had dermabrasion and laser surgery years ago, so therefore, have much thinner skin than the average person. UNBELIEVABLE, how RED and BURNT I am, it looks like I have had the dermabrasion all over again!! WOW, no more motel/hotels when I am away,
BUT WHERE AM I GOING TO STAY WHILE AWAY, AS I CAN’T EVEN STAY IN A CAMPGROUND NOW BECAUSE THEY HAVE WI-FI TOO!! I ASKED THE OWNER IF HE COULD TURN THE WI-FI OFF AT NIGHT AND HE JUST LAUGHED AT ME!
Was wondering if you know or can ask if there is anyone who has a place to rent in Port Moody or Coquitlam, that is EHS-safe (RF-free) accommodation. It is for me and my wife. We just want something small.
Newsletter prepared by Sharon Noble