1) If you want to learn about the history of the guidelines for exposure, how industry and bent scientists manipulated science even though they knew by so doing serious harm would result, please read this. Of special note is the definition and reasoning re. precautionary principle. Health Canada and officials like Perry Kendall know better and are guilty of harmful negligence by allowing this technology to proliferate, especially in our homes and schools. It’s through groups like ours that people will learn how corrupt the system is and demand change.
2) In Victoria, Australia, more money for $$meters and absolutely no benefits realized after 9 years and $2.2 billion. The auditor’s report sounds very similar to the Ontario AG’s report which reached the same conclusion – no benefits, too much money, and a poor business case. Where is the financial statement on Hydro’s $$meter program? I asked for one about a year ago and received nothing.
“Victorian electricity users have shelled out $2.2 billion in the nine years since the state government mandated the use of smart meters in all homes and small businesses, but are yet to realise substantial benefits, the state auditor has found….
In the follow-up report [see this pdf] to his 2009 review of the AMI – which found serious flaws in the business case – auditor-general John Doyle revealed that as little as 20 percent of expected benefits from the program were currently being achieved.”
3) In Calif. the industry has pressured the legislature to remove safeguards that are in current regulations, allowing a free hand for siting of cell towers. Damning evidence is provided in the 5 min. allowed as shown in the videos, yet the legislature did later vote to pass this dangerous bill, and it is sitting on the governor’s desk for signing. Similar to damning evidence shown to the BCUC during the Fortis hearing. BCUC too ignored it. The industry has long tentacles.
(Note from webmaster Ted: There are many reports and studies that document that the various industries (oil, pharmaceuticals, wireless, health care) do exert major influence on federal, state, and provincial governments to allow them to continue their growth in spite of damage to the health of citizens and to the environment. It seems that the major corporations are now the masters of the earth and we are now the slaves.)
4) Wireless Technology and Public Health – Presentation by Dr. Mac Paterson at Summerland, Sept 30, 7-9pm IOOF Hall, 9536 Main St.
Full details available at:
5) Hackers are now setting collectors and routers as their targets, especially Cisco’s, which are used by Hydro and Fortis:
According to Cisco, “In the past, attackers were primarily targeting infrastructure devices to create a denial of service (DoS) situation. While these types of attacks still represent the majority of attacks on network devices, attackers are now looking for ways to subvert the normal behavior of infrastructure devices due to the devices’ privileged position within the IT infrastructure. In fact, by owning an infrastructure device such as a router, the attacker may gain a privileged position and be able to access data flows or crypto materials or perform additional attacks against the rest of the infrastructure.”
The implant uses techniques that make it very difficult to detect. A clandestine modification of the router’s firmware image can be utilized to maintain perpetual presence to an environment. However, it mainly surpasses detection because very few, if any, are monitoring these devices for compromise
6) Lawsuit settled re. Illinois mother and $$meter resister who was arrested for videotaping a forced $$meter installation.
7) More on the class action against Ontario’s Hydro One. Oddly, the representative plaintiff is Bill Bennett !!
“An activist is someone who cannot help but fight for something. That person is not usually motivated by a need for power, or money, or fame, but in fact driven slightly mad by some injustice, some cruelty, some unfairness – So much so that he or she is compelled by some moral engine to act to make it better.”- Eve Ensler
See the Coalition to Stop Smart Meters in BC FACEBOOK