- It doesn’t pay to speak out against the dangerous, expensive smart meters. In Texas, the head of the union was fired (that was the legal brief with the info about the ITRON fires), and in the UK, the head of the program is fired. Could that be why everyone in BC is refusing to talk?
- Blackhat is the group of hackers who test systems for the government and corporations, showing the vulnerabilities. They say the public grids are not secure.
- We’ve seen before articles by the industry admitting that the smart meters and their stupid grid are not going to save money or reduce consumption. Here is yet another, this from California, the USA’s largest program. Our lives and our health are being put at risk for the bottom line ROI of BC Hydro, FortisBC, Corix and ITRON.
“Here’s what Subodh Nayar, chief operations officer of Powerline Telco (a high-roller in the smart grid arena) was quoted as saying in a 2009 interview:
“Empowering consumers with actionable intelligence about their power will not be the outcome of the deployment of SmartMeters.
“Rather, it will be exactly what the utilities intend for it to be: a cost-effective way to implement real-time pricing, demand side management and distribution system monitoring.
Utility companies seek to maximize the profits from a business model that requires them to generate, transport and deliver a consistent quality of power regardless of demand in exchange for a guaranteed rate of return.”
“Electricity generated on the power grid isn’t stored, so the grid is engineered and operated to meet peak levels of demand which might only exist for a few hours per month.
“Without control over demand, responding to demand spikes will cause the quality of power supplied to fluctuate outside accepted norms. That can only change if demand can be controlled so utilities want to protect their return on investment (ROI) by not reducing the total amount of electricity sold.
“Metering was never intended to reduce overall consumption.”
- A sad history that could very well be repeated re. exposure to microwave radiation from wireless devices people are being forced to work and live with. Some scientists are saying the government will do nothing until the bodies are piling up. But unless some agency is tracking new cancers, neurological problems, etc. we won’t know when the piles are showing up. If you don’t look, you won’t find.
- The story is the same around the world – the utility companies remove the smeter from the scene of the fire before investigators are able to investigate the cause of the fire. In Quebec, firemen have raised this issue. In BC, when I’ve asked, I’ve been told by the Fire Commissioner that BC Hydro is allowed to take its property. How can it be learned if the smart meter is causing fires if the evidence is removed from the scene? Isn’t this illegal under the BC Fire Safety Act?
- Areas in Colorado have fought the “grid” for years and continue to do so. Health of residents and pollinators is the major concern. They believe the “smart” grid concept is failing as more resistance is raised as a result of more info. reaching people.
Please, if you know union members, would you share this with them?
From: Sharon Noble
Sent: July 2, 2015
Subject: Evidence in legal document that ITRON Openway smart meters caused fires and burn.
Dear Sir or Madam,
Attached is a legal document involving the INTERNATIONAL BROTHERHOOD OF ELECTRICAL WORKERS, LOCAL UNION NO. 69, AFFILIATED WITH INTERNATIONAL BROTHERHOOD OF ELECTRICAL WORKERS in Texas. (I attached the Texas briefing)
Mr. Reed was fired for trying to protect his fellow employees, knowing that smart meters are capable of seriously hurting installers and those working with these smart meters. He and others working for the Texas utilities described how the meters were burning, damaging homes, risking lives, and how the employees were being made to blame the victims’ meter bases or home wiring.
The smart meter used by Centerpoint Energy in Houston is the Itron Openway, the very same model used in BC by BC Hydro and Fortis BC. An installer in Houston reported palettes of burned Itron meters.
I ask you please to read this document and my letter to Energy [Minister] Bill Bennett outlining design flaws and the lack of accountability at every level. Both the briefing document and my letter are attached above.
It is time for us to call this for what it is, a dangerous product that should be recalled. Itron should be held responsible for removing these meters, replacing them with trustworthy and dependable analogs, and paying for all costs involved.
I have been investigating smart meter fires for more than 2 years now and would be more than happy to share any of the information that I have obtained. Please do not hesitate to contact me.
Director, Coalition to Stop Smart Meters
From: Jerry Flynn [mailto:email@example.com]
Sent: July 2, 2015 11:51 AM
Subject: Pregnant women and mothers beware – Dr. Perry Kendall is WRONG and cannot defend his assertion that today’s wireless devices are SAFE!
All women, but especially mothers, should demand that our Government immediately fire Dr. Perry Kendall – our grossly incompetent Provincial Health Officer (PHO) – for his inexcusable, now-16 years’ ignorance of the harmful biological effects all humans experience – especially fetuses and babies – when constantly exposed to wireless radiation, and for his stubborn unrelenting defense of industry’s endless array of wireless products, including ultrasound, baby monitors, Smart Meters, cell phones, Wi-Fi routers, cordless phones, etc, all of which he says are SAFE!
New York, NY, July 1, 2015 (Newswire) – More than one hundred medical doctors, scientists and public health experts from around the world have signed a Joint Statement advising pregnant women to take simple precautions to protect themselves and their babies from wireless radiation. The Statement is part of a national right-to-know campaign called the BabySafe Project created by two non-profit organizations to inform pregnant women about the issue.
Newsletter produced by Sharon
“Get up, stand up, stand up for your rights. Get up, stand up, don’t give up the fight.” Bob Marley