- Hydro is nothing if not consistent. They have lied to us from day one when they said that there are no wired smeters. And they cheat when they extort us with the highest fees in North America. Now, from a member, the lies/cheating contiunues:
More BC Hydro maliciousness/incompetence:
In January, we installed solar system (grid-tied) on our property. At that time, we had to take a smart meter because the Net Metering program requires it (sigh).
We got our first post-solar-install bill yesterday, and
(1) We were still charged for February and March for the ‘legacy meter fee’, even though the legacy meter had been taken away in January
(2) They didn’t start crediting our account for the Net Metering until yesterday (12May) even though we’ve been generating (and approved to do so by Hydro) since early April (so everything generated in April was dust in the wind – what a waste!!)
I HATE Hydro. I CANNOT wait until the Tesla battery packs come out.
- Black out in Salmon Arm on Monday –
“But members of the public are asked to report other outages because the smart meters have not yet been connected to the “smart grid.””
- In Australia a patient on life support had electricity cut off. With remote disconnect switches in $$meters, it’s too easy to cut someone off without proper notice, by accident, or by hacking.
- Even industry people are admitting that residential customers realize no real benefits from $$meters – but corporations do!
“The industry has simply not been able to show clear benefits (because there aren’t any real and tangible benefits to the domestic consumer) nor has it done enough to clarify what it will do with data gathered.”
- In last night’s update there was an article about Fortis shutting off power when a couple refused a $meter due to health problems.
As a follow up, a reporter is preparing an article for Monday and would like to speak with others who have had power shut off by Fortis, or who has been otherwise harassed/threatened/coerced about the $meter. Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Fortis” on the subject line and I will arrange contact.
- If you had opted out of having a $meter under ‘meter choice’, one option was to have the transmitter disabled. Also many how kept their analogs, lost that choice if they moved, built a new home or changed account names – Hydro forces people in these circumstances to take a smeter but will allow the transmitter to be turned off if the person had previously paid the extortion to keep the analog. I have a question. Have any of you who have the transmitter disabled seen a meter reader come by your home? Have any of you put a faraday cage or shielding over the disabled smeter to ensure that the transmitter is not enabled without your permission? If you would reply to me at email@example.com with “Disabled $meter” on the subject line I would appreciate it.
- “There will be a delegation presenting at Town of Golden Council Chambers on Tuesday, May 19 at 1:15 pm.
We will be requesting a locally-made Communication Antenna Protocol (siting policy) plus a moratorium on 2 cell tower proposals currently before council. We would like as many people as possible to join us. Lots of information will be given during this presentation.”
The delegation request form is attached. I have sent information ahead to provide councillors and mayor as preparation. I am using a Power Point presentation from c4st which I have modified to provide add current (HESA2015, Appeal to UN, Canadian Medical Association) plus local information. Thanks to them for providing their resources!”
Sent: May 13, 2015 4:12 PM
To: firstname.lastname@example.org; Opposition Leader
Cc: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; Green Party of British Columbia; Dale Bass; Jerry Flynn; email@example.com; Una St Clair – Moniz; Wendy Cockburn; Wendy Perkins; firstname.lastname@example.org; “Elizabeth.May@parl.gc.ca“; Peter Olsen
Subject: Removal & Replacement of Perry Kendall
Dear Premier Clark,
I whole heartedly concur with James G ( Jerry ) Flynn, Captain ( Retired ).
British Columbians desire to have a PHO that is taking care of our best interests.
Clearly that is not Perry Kendall !
I look forward to your announcement of a new PHO, in the very near future
if you care about the health, well being & lives of the citizens of BC.
Subject: Dr. Perry Kendall must be replaced as PHO – He is endangering the lives of all British Columbians, including you and your son!
This issue can no longer be ignored. It is only a matter of time before someone will be held criminally responsible for what is happening because of your government!
Please view the attached.
I am available to answer questions.
James G. (“Jerry”) Flynn, Captain (Retired)
Click here to see Golden BC Delegation Request