1) Why are Smart Meters being read manually?
Many people with Smart meters are having meters manually read, meaning that the grid is not fully functional in many areas. I am asking for help from people in the Victoria/Salt Spring area to help identify some functional grids. If you have a Smart meter and believe that it is being read remotely, would you please go to your online account and see if you can get usage information on a daily basis?
2) Sask Power admits Smart Meters have caused fires
In Saskatchewan they admit there have been fires caused by the Smart meters. The first utility that I’ve seen where they admit this, instead of saying it’s the homeowner’s base or wiring.
“Light and Power, acknowledged that fires have been caused in other jurisdictions by faulty installation of smart meters. His installers are trained properly and will ensure smart meters are put in safely, Hudson said”
Enclosed please find a copy of the letter I am sending to BC Hydro after I was unable to get any information about my account since February12, 2014. Finally, we took the meter reading, calculated the hydro use and sent in the payment online for the actual usage at the account address after over 4 months of no communication from BC Hydro.
I refuse to pay the “legacy fee” as it is completely unnecessary to pay BC Hydro any fee for what I have been forced to do to keep my account in good standing. In your ruling regarding the legacy fee amount BC Hydro can charge, I am sure that it actually requires BC Hydro to do the work. Now that I must do the work, I am putting in an official complaint regarding this whole matter of legacy fees. I am also a member of the Class Action Law Suit concerning the forced smart meter program.
Please respond to this situation as I cannot in good conscience continue to be compliant with this ridiculous procedure and extortion fee that you have allowed. Is there an official process to be removed from the legacy fee program due to BC Hydro non-compliance with the procedure? How many complaints does the BCUC have about this issue and how do we make BC Hydro accountable for this stupid business procedure that they cannot possibly commit to (with only a few meter readers in the whole province)?
This government allowed BC Hydro to circumvent the public process, while forcing the BCUC to ‘allow’ the extortion fee that BC Hydro must have in order to cover their costs. When does the Liberal government become accountable for these actions? BC Hydro is forcing their customers to pay for their poor business decisions with Liberal government approval and intervention with the only accountability process available through the BCUC.
Sent: June 23, 2014 9:19 AM
Cc: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
Subject: B.C.’s Provincial Medical Officer is Derelict in His Duties by not protecting British Columbians from harmful NON-THERMAL microwave radiation
Dear Premier and Ms. Clark:
As both Premier of British Columbia and the parent of a teenaged son, you need to know that Dr. Perry Kendall, B.C.’s ‘Provincial Medical Officer,’ continues to be derelict in his duties to protect British Columbians – – which includes you and your son – – from pulsed non-thermal microwave radiation. Respectfully, you need to be aware of what the rest of the world is doing about this, what truly is a, global issue.
- Taiwan has removed mobile-phone base stations from all schools;
- South Korea has imposed the Precautionary Limit for all electronic devices;
- European countries began removing wi-fi from schools in 2008;
- India has lowered the cell phone tower radiation by 90%;
- Germany and Russia warn against use of wireless phones;
- Germany has rejected Smart Meters, following a study by Ernst & Young;
- Holland, due to strong backlash from the public, has made Smart Meters voluntary;
- Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, China, France, Hungary, Israel, Italy, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Poland, Russia and Switzerland have set ‘safety’ exposure limits 100 to 10,000 times lower than Health Canada’s ‘Safety Code 6’;
- The Council of Europe (47 countries, 800-million people) condemns the WHO’s and ICNIRP’s radiation Exposure Limits (which are essentially the same as Health Canada’s Safety Code 6!) because they are obsolete and do not recognize low-level pulsed non-thermal microwave radiation;
- The American Academy of Environmental Medicine urges a halt to Smart Meters in homes and schools, and recommends fiber optic cable instead of wireless technology that emits microwave radiation;
- The American Academy of Pediatricians (60,000 members) urges Wi-Fi be removed from all schools;
- Teachers’ Unions in Germany, UK, USA and Canada who have done their research do not support WiFi in schools; and,
- In Australia, Italy, USA and Spain law suits have been won for health damage from mobile-phone radiation.
Given the above, it is absolutely indefensible – if not downright criminal – that Dr. Perry Kendall can not or will not divorce himself from his conflicted colleagues in Health Canada and, instead, immediately impose the “Precautionary Principle” here in British Columbia for all electronics.
He should also put the onus on those who say their technology is safe to first prove it, before it is allowed to be used in a democratic society.
In light of the mountain of evidence world-wide, which grows by the day, showing that Smart Meters are harmful, Dr. Perry Kendall is equally derelict in his duties for not advising you and your government to impose a moratorium on Smart Meters until and unless they can be proven safe, i.e., by non-industry funded scientists
Thank you for your time.
James G. (Jerry) Flynn, Captain (Retired)