1) Exactly 2 years ago, in the Jan. 26, 2018 update (available on our website under “newsletters”) [3) – http://www.stopsmartmetersbc.com/2018-01-26-wireless-networks-are-a-waste-of-money-only-hard-wired-will-meet-future-needs/], I included the press release of Dr. Timothy Schoechle’s report: “Re-inventing Wires: The Future of Landlines and Networks”. This information needs to be kept in mind and shared with politicians in all levels of government as well as with people concerned with climate and the environment.
Here is the link to the press release which has, at the bottom, a link to the full report which Dr. S has made available for free.
(click on photo to enlarge)
2) ICNIRP is an agency that has set the standards for RF exposure that WHO and the various countries have followed. For years, the industry has had a strong influence on the decisions reached with many panel members having clear and long-held conflicts of interest. This continues with this current review. Many independent scientists reviewed ICNIRP’s decision and gave comments, identified biases and submitted studies that were ignored — to no avail. This comes as no surprise to the many people who have criticized ICNIRP over the years. This agency gives cover to WHO which gives cover to Health Canada which gives cover to our provincial health authorities which gives cover to the Cancer Society. All trickle down — lack of honesty, failure to protect the public, collusion with the telecom industry.
New ICNIRP Guidelines… nothing really new… just the same stonewalling…
“New ICNIRP Guidelines will be published, any moment now, in the Health Physics journal. However, for already several months it is known what these new ICNIRP Guidelines will be…
Interestingly and importantly, ICNIRP dismisses completely:
- existence and significance of non-thermal effects
- existence of the risk of cancer in long term avid users of mobile phones
- IARC’s classification of RF as a possible human carcinogen (IARC review of science was not included in list of science reviews used by ICNIRP in preparation of the new guidelines)”
ICNIRP’s Exposure Guidelines for Radio Frequency Fields
ICNIRP’s Revised RF Exposure Limits Will Ignore Expert Opinions of Most EMF Scientists
“According to Eric van Rongen, chairman of the International Commission on Non-ionizing Research Protection (ICNIRP), in August or September the ICNIRP plans to publish its revised guidelines regarding safe human exposure limits to radiofrequency (RF) electromagnetic fields (EMF) (100 kHz – 300 GHz).
On April 17, 2019, Van Rongen made a presentation about the revised guidelines to the French National Frequency Agency. The ICNIRP guidelines will still be based only on thermal or heating effects. The Commission continues to ignore the many hundreds of peer-reviewed studies that have found bioeffects and health effects from exposure to low intensity, non-thermal levels of RF radiation.”
3) Another excellent letter from Hans Karow who has worked for many years to raise awareness about the dangers of EMF and EMR. He asks for help by “keeping the fire burning” in Penticton by writing your own letters to the Editor <firstname.lastname@example.org>. The letters should be no longer than 400 words (the shorter the better) , and the author’s name, address and phone number must be provided (only the name will be published).
Hans offers his letter should you wish to send it to the editor of your newspaper [http://www.stopsmartmetersbc.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/Media-List-B.pdf]. It is also in letters below for ease of reading and copying.
Re: Beware the Rise of the Internet of Things
Beware of 5G!
5G (5th generation wireless technology) is to provide faster and higher capacity transmissions to carry the massive amount of data that industry projects will be generated from the Internet of Things (IoT), smart cities, driverless cars, video streaming, augmented reality and more.
The plan for 5G is to include the higher millimeter wave frequencies never before used for Internet and telecommunications technology. These waves do not travel well through buildings and obstacles like trees, so 5G would require hundreds of thousands of new so-called “small cells”. The wireless telecom industry is aggressively seeking to outfit lampposts and utility poles around the country with microwave antennas beaming hazardous radiation next to, and into, our homes 24/7.
5G cell tower antennas will be supplemented by, and integrated with, thousands of new space satellites to ensure that every inch of the planet is sufficiently irradiated to support ubiquitous high speed wireless capability.
In light of the ever growing independent science showing adverse health effects from microwave radiation, the densification of our communities with 5G-infrastructure, complemented by the saturation of our skies with satellites, may prove to be a very ill-conceived idea.
IoT is a vision of connecting every “thing” possible to the Internet – all machines, appliances, objects, devices, animals and even our brains. IoT will also include artificial intelligence (AI), augmented reality (AR), virtual reality (VR), robots, microchipped humans. IoT sensors and surveillance cameras will pepper our communities as well. New IoT cyber physical systems will render all objects “smart” – i.e. connected to the Cloud – thus enabling pervasive machine-to-machine (M2M) communications and massive data collection and leaving us open to devastating cyber attacks.
Although government and industry promote the IoT as the panacea for all ills, IoT “things” will increase our exposure to pulsed microwave radiation – known to adversely impact both humans and wildlife.
You may decide the hoped for, and hyped about, benefits of 5G and the IoT do not outweigh the serious harms and you may choose to not buy into 5G/IoT. A list of communities and councils have started to ban 5G: http://emrabc.ca/?page_id=16320
Hans Karow, Coalition to Reduce Electropollution (CORE)
Sharon Noble, Director, Coalition to Stop Smart Meters
“Start with what is right rather than what is acceptable.” Franz Kafka