1) URGENT: We need people to attend this free event at Simon Fraser University on Wed. Oct. 30 about 5G. With the presenters being industry people (“data visionaries”), it is vital that the real problems with 5G get aired. Health, environmental issues, privacy, high energy use…. It would be great to have a group with flyers to hand out to those attending.
5G can enable smart cities—but at what cost?
“Canada is racing to roll out 5G technologies nation-wide. We must debate how these technologies will affect security, privacy and the relationship between government and technology companies. Delaying the rollout of 5G risks putting Canada at a technological and innovation deficit, but overzealous implementation can lead to unforeseen consequences. 5G will propel smart-city technologies that improve urban and rural life—but the roadmap is still unclear.
This fall, Simon Fraser University explores the opportunities and risks of smart cities and the impact on Canadians.”
2) 5G milliwave goes lives in Ottawa and soon to be in other areas of Ontario and Quebec. Government funding?? A mandate???
ENCQOR 5G launches first public mmWave service in Canada
“Through the latest network upgrade, ENCQOR 5G is proud to announce a truly revolutionary accomplishment. Canada’s first publicly accessible 5G mmWave service is now live at InvestOttawa, and will be rolled out to the other ENCQOR 5G sites inQuebec and Ontario in the coming weeks….
“With this new update to ENCQOR’s network, the testbed will now be able to support application testing that requires more throughput and less latency, enabling Canadian innovators to experience directly in our Ontario and Québec sites the benefits of 5G in areas such as smart cities, autonomous vehicles, industry 4.0, multimedia and gaming, smart grid, healthcare and many others”, said Pierre Boucher, General Manager, ENCQOR Innovation.
About ENCQOR 5G
The ENCQOR 5G initiative is funded by the governments of Canada, Quebec and Ontario as well as leading industry players Ericsson, Ciena, Thales, CGI and IBM. ENCQOR 5G is coordinated by Innovation ENCQOR, and delivered in Ontario by Ontario Centers of Excellence and in Quebec by Innovation ENCQOR, CEFRIO and Prompt. The program has a mandate to bring together SMEs and academia to contribute to the advancement of research, innovation and demonstration of applications through a pre-commercial 5G test bed.”
3) Some doctors and researchers have found an association between exposure to EMR and agitation or aggressive behavior, especially in children with ADHD or autism. Dr. Toril Jelter developed a “calming” rotocol.
Could the exposure of children to strong Wi-Fi modems and multiple wireless devices all day, every school explain the increase in violence experienced by teachers?
As teachers report more violent incidents in schools, boards struggle to manage children with complex needs
“The words in the injury reports speak volumes: “I was repeatedly hit on the head, shoulders, chest and back,” wrote an educator in Edmonton, describing an encounter with a violent student at school. A child “scratched both my arms and drew blood,” wrote another.
A third indicates that a student was asked to follow a routine of going to the bathroom and then having a snack with classmates, but “verbally protested no and punched me in the jaw.”
Biting. Kicking. Spitting. Scratching. Punching. Blows to the head. Aggressive, often violent, reported incidents against educators are on the rise, a Globe and Mail survey of data from school boards across the country has found.
Educators at the Toronto District School Board, the country’s largest school district, logged 3,831 reports of workplace violence over the past academic year, up from 1,894 reports in 2014-15. In Edmonton, the number of violent incidents against staff members involving students documented by Edmonton Public Schools more than doubled between the 2015-16 academic year and 2017-18. At the Surrey School District, the largest in B.C., the number of reported violent incidents by a student against a staff member climbed from 190 in 2008-09 to 1,642 in the 2017-18 school year.”
(click on photo to enlarge)
Classrooms in Crisis, could wireless technology be responsible?
4) Correction: I just learned that B.N. Frank, who often submits articles to the Activist Post, included information about legal action in California that occurred years ago, without this being made clear. The error is understandable given all the recent news of current lawsuits. And I included his article in a recent update [4) – http://www.stopsmartmetersbc.com/2019-10-25-lawsuit-in-ca-against-smeters-interference-with-medical-devices/]. Sorry for the confusion. This is from someone in the US familiar with the California lawsuit.
“RE Activist Post (AP hereinafter): I appreciate AP yet one seems to have to watch AP very closely these days…in this latest example of what some may call poor journalism. Or, perhaps here the writer is confusing this old suit with Ms. Barris’ new one:
The PG&E case noted here was begun more than 6 years ago, is over, old news, plus the outcome was not good news:
In July 2014, in Ms. Barris’s own words:
“…plaintiffs from the PG@E and Edison mass torts for health effects from smart meters/smart grid in the state of CA, received notification this week of the judges final ruling on our cases. The verdict is that we have no jurisdiction within which to sue, that the issue of health effects from smart meters and smart grid rests solely with the CPUC (California Public Utilities Commission) and therefore our cases have been nullified.”
Thanks to Liz Barris on her hard work!
For those considering similar suits in other states, it need be repeated for newbies on this list:
Let’s get a WIN! Do extensive due diligence, check for proper jurisdiction:
If your states’ regulations/statutes,… refer you to your states’ version of a PUC, as noted above for Calif., and you do not get relief there, yet want to proceed, find out ahead if your constitution calls for next going to your states Supreme court. (As Calif.’s does, at least did, in ’13/14).”
5) Many studies have shown that exposure to microwave radiation can cause reduction in fertility, especially in men. If this happens with microwaves (2G, 3G and 4G), what will happen with full body, constant exposure to 5G milliwaves? This question must be answered before everybody is exposed to 5G technology, but no tests are being done by the industry or government, as far as we know, re. fertility but the few studies that have been done show biological effects from exposure to milliwaves. This article includes info about another such study. There is clear evidence that 5G is not safe and it must be stopped.
4G Wi-Fi At 2.45GHz Damages Fertility, 5G At Between 30-300GHz Will Do What?
“Millimetre waves (MMWs) correspond to the range of 30 – 300 GHz of the electromagnetic spectrum and are currently used for a variety of military and civilian applications.
The coming 5G communications network will be a millimetre wave platform and as it is being rolled out in parts of the United States, the 5G is operating at between 28 GHz and 39 GHz.
From the study below we are informed that millimetre wave operating at 35 GHz indicate both environmental heat and 35GHz millimetre wave exposure elicit the release of macrophage-activating mediators into the plasma of rats.
In summary, the current study suggests that plasma from EH-or 35 GHz MMW-exposed rats can induce changes in protein expression and 3-NT in a rat alveolar macrophage cell line. Thus, in our animal model [Millenbaugh et al., 2008], exposure to either EH or MMWs may cause release of active mediators into the systemic circulation. The data presented here are in line with prior reports of MMW-induced effects in rodents that indicate involvement of secondary molecular signals in downstream immune responses such as increased production of cytokines by macrophages, natural killer cells, and T cells [Makar et al., 2003, 2005, 2006], neutrophil recruitment to skin vessels [Millen- baugh et al., 2008], and increases in oxidative stress in peripheral leukocytes [Kalns et al., 2000].”
Sharon Noble, Director, Coalition to Stop Smart Meters
“An activist is someone who cannot help but fight for something. That person is not usually motivated by a need for power, or money, or fame, but in fact driven slightly mad by some injustice, some cruelty, some unfairness – So much so that he or she is compelled by some moral engine to act to make it better.” – Eve Ensler