1) It is wonderful that someone in California has picked up on the smeter fire issue and has investigated fires in the US. Fires are happening, and the same practices of denial, illegal removal of smeters, failure to provide information is occurring there and is reported by Nina — just as I found in BC and reported in 2017. No doubt smeter fires are continuing to occur in BC — there is no reason to think anything has changed. BC Hydro, BCUC, Min. Mungall are all guilty of willful ignorance and endangering the public because my detailed report was ignored. Hopefully, this one will get more attention and our concerns can be revived. It’s a good read.
My Fire Report, published and circulated throughout the government, BCUC and BC Hydro, is at:
BCUC & Smart Meter Fires: The Failure to Protect Fire Report (July 2017) & Press Release (September 21, 2017). http://www.stopsmartmetersbc.com/bcuc-smart-meter-fires-the-failure-to-protect/
Please consider sending this to your MLA, Horgan and Mungall [http://www.stopsmartmetersbc.com/z/bc-contact-e-mail-lists/]. They should be ashamed that they ignored the evidence of fires for more than 5 years. Maybe they will read this since it came from the US.
OVERVIEW: Fire and Electrical Hazards from ‘Smart’, Wireless, PLC, and Digital Utility Meters
“Due to meter design and function, these digital meters can malfunction in several ways. Electric digital meters can allow surges and overvoltage to flow into buildings which can burn wiring and destroy appliances and electronics. They can interfere with arc and ground fault circuit interrupters. Meters have exploded and have caused fires, and they have likely contributed to the severity of other fires. Some of the fires have resulted in the deaths of people and their pets. Water and gas AMI/AMR/digital meters pose additional hazards. These problems are known to the industry, regulatory commissions, some fire officials, the news media, and insurance companies, and were the subject of a dispute before the National Labor Relations Board. This paper is on known problems with meters used in the U.S. and Canada, but electrical problems and fires are occurring internationally.”
Fires and electrical problems from Smart Meters and digital utility meters Press release
2) The power of the industry is evident when a prominent newspaper like the New York Times, for a second time, gives major coverage to someone who deliberately spreads false information, the same lies that the telecoms tell their customers, that there is no evidence of harm re. cell phones, that 5G is just too weak to do harm and, last time, the scientists like Dr. David Carpenter are pawns of Russia!! And people who have not had the chance to read independent studies or reports will believe this “junk journalism”. Louis Slesin is just one who is outing the author of the article for what he is, a purveyor of “fact-free” junk calling it science.
A Fact-Free Hit on a 5G Critic
Fabricating History on the New York Times Science Desk
“Last Tuesday (July 16), the New York Times devoted most of the front page of its science section to Bill Broad’s latest attack on those who challenge the dogma that wireless radiation is absolutely safe.
“The 5G Health Hazard That Isn’t” is the catchy headline of the Web version of his article. It is followed by “How one scientist and his inaccurate chart led to unwarranted fears of wireless technology.””
3) Several years ago, SaskPower pulled their smeters after 8 fires and have yet to replace them in homes. They are still waiting to find a meter that is safe – they are still looking and testing, none are deemed to be adequate. BC Hydro, where there have been dozens of fires, just denies and puts our lives at risk.
SaskPower to install 20,000 smart meters after ‘rigorous testing’
SaskPower expressed an “extremely high degree of confidence” that the commercial smart meters won’t melt or emit smoke, like the residential units that raised concerns in 2014
“We had no instances of failures of the sort that we saw previously,” he said.
But SaskPower is still biding its time until it gets back to installing smart meters at homes. It’s waiting until it finds a meter that “meets our new, more rigorous safety specification for Saskatchewan.” Cherry did not have a timeline for when that would happen. But he said the plan is still to transition to a smart grid within the next five to 10 years….
“We’re testing for this now, putting the meters through rigorous testing — extreme temperatures and other environmental situations.”…
4) A YouTube re. 5G resistance in the US, encouraging people to educate local government, to get them involved in this battle against the telecoms. The Mayors and Councillors in the US and Canada have been intimidated so long, being told there is nothing they can do against big government and big corporations. And in many cases, it’s true. But they need to fight to change the policies and laws that, right now, are not fair. We need to have local governments fight with us, not just sit on the sideline because they’ve been told that is what they should do. This fellow is trying to organize to share ideas about what is happening locally, what is working and what is not.
Just a cautionary note: he mentions an Australian lawyer who has successfully fought 5G. I have contacted Mr. Broomhall, the Australian lawyer, and asked for specifics about what has been done, the legal decisions, etc. I eventually learned that so far, there have been no lawsuits, so no successes — yet. He is trying to find someone who can afford to launch the first lawsuit.
5) As more people learn about 5G and the effects on living things, the resistance is growing. This in the UK.
Protestors come out in force against 5G
“Hundreds of campaigners are calling for the roll-out of the 5G mobile network in Totnes to be halted over fears it could harm residents. The mobile communication techology is designed to offer mobile phone users much faster download ad upload speeds. It has already been introduced in major UK cities and is likely to be extended across the UK. But campaigners in Totnes reckon the potential benefits are outweighed by the unknown impact on human health, wildlife and the environment.”
Go to: http://www.stopsmartmetersbc.com/2nd-international-action-day-rallies-to-stop-5g/ to find locations for Rallies in BC and to get ideas for signs.
Please join us for the 2nd International Day of Action to Stop 5G.
Sharon Noble, Director, Coalition to Stop Smart Meters
“The greater the power, the more dangerous the abuse” Edmund Burke